@BEE a small tribute

Is it a temporary ban? I hope so.

You forgot the “bating” part.

When all you’re given is a hammer…

Yeah, I remember all of it but I’m not saying anything :rofl: :rofl:

Actually people are quitting competitive and it probably die next year.

They did already cut the money prize so this year will probably be the last year of competitive hearthstone since many players did already find more rentable to just stream the game.

That together with the end of blizzard in china because the contract with netease is over(no more china servers for blizzard games) is really looking uglier than most people give credits for.

More accurately, the Seasonal Championship has no cash prize. Lobby Legends will have a $50k prize, which (I think) is less than before (I never followed eSports). You may be right that Hearthstone eSports will soon be no more.

As for players quitting competitive, could you please share your reference for this?

I would love if they renamed it to Lobby Legenda.

1 Like

Fixed lol, thanks you. :wink:

So, with the prize money reduced, and the shutdown of Blizzard in China, does anyone think that means the game might be in trouble?

I must have missed this.

I saw a person liking their own posts to seem like they had friends, but missed the ban skirting parts.

It appears as though they erased all trace of their existence from the forums, so highly unlikely to be temporary.

I suspect permanent now that I know what transpired.

Brb, gonna go find all the threads of people arguing with themselves.

### Posting Unreleased Content / Hacking Data Files

This category includes language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

* Show unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files
* Show the results of hacking or any tampering of the game’s MPQ files
* Discuss, or display any data not available through normal game play

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, **they** will:

* Be permanently banned from the forums

Seems that way, although CoC also states “We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category.” So you never know.

2 Likes

That sucks… I don’t know what he was thinking. :frowning:

3 Likes

All they had to do was not assert connections to someone in the know and state that the stuff was purely a guess based on their experiences in the game and there’s no grounds for a ban.

Idk why one would openly assert inside knowledge knowing it’s ban worthy.

I suspect someone was a little proud to have insider knowledge and to know someone on the inside. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, Blizzard has been leading us on for weeks about any balance changes. We’ve spawned the low-key meme, “announcement of an announcement,” within the last couple months because of this. I was just as annoyed by yesterday’s lack of information as Bee appeared to be, so I can understand why he posted.

I’m not sure why Blizzard has become so hesitant about presenting potential changes for their live service games. Overwatch and WoW have become much less transparent, too. My tinfoil hat theory is that they are trying to mimic SQEnix and FFXIV, but the difference is that FFXIV is a much friendlier game with a MUCH better history of balance AND a pretty regular schedule for content, so people are fine with seeing the patch notes only a day before updates.

Blizzard has neither the luxuries of a history of regularly maintaining a balanced metagame, nor a history of maintaining goodwill among customers.

1 Like

I played a little FFXIV. The community is especially friendly, and almost all players (every one I came into conversation with) love the developers as well as Square Enix. It’s truly like night and day if you’ve ever played WoW (or, really, any Blizzard game). On this side of the fence, players have disdain for Activision Blizzard, as well as developers. Players actively wage a war of hate towards the games they play, which is quite odd, honestly.

As an aside, as far as I’m concerned, they have killed Overwatch. It is now pay-to-win, and what was promised (PvE that most players were looking forward to) is absent. Then, you have the issue with selling skins for $20-ish each. To clarify my initial point: new heroes are now behind a paywall. You either purchase the battle pass, and unlock that hero immediately or you play for many hours to have the opportunity of using that hero. Overwatch being a game of counters, putting any hero behind a paywall like this is detrimental to the game’s health.

maybe my favorite gaming company of all time.

1 Like

And Naoki Yoshida is the man.

2 Likes