Battlegrounds Wild Format suggestion

I’m interested in your thoughts:

Would a battlegrounds game be fun if the the minions available in the tavern are randomly selected each game from a larger pool of cards?

I.e:
Each card type/ tribe is guaranteed (x) number of cards
The cards available each game remain unknown to player?

Isnt that how it already works? I was thinking of “wild BGS” would be more like having all retired minions from previous seasons as well as current. it would be a very diluted minion pool but could really enable some truly unique builds. I like this as it would ensure that goldens are very hard to create naturally. Also, it could have a 10% chance to generate a Quest Mode Match, or a Darkmoon Faire match, or a Buddie’s Match. Or my ideal, everyone is Nguyen Match.

Yeah its kinda like what you describe (all minions available) except the newer tribes have fewer historic minions. Also, as you say, the chance of tripling is lower if the minion pool is increased.

Keep the minion pool per game at the same size, but increase the number of minions that could be included in said pool.

E.g lets say for the sake of an example that there are 50 undead cards as things stand. Each game with undead has all 50 cards guaranteed in the pool.

Now: What if there were 75 undead cards in total but each game, 50/75 are randomly selected.

This means that the chance of tripling is the same. Certain combos are not guaranteed - imo encouraging more creative plays or evolving strategies

I mean it could be fun but you’d inevitably just get a bunch of people whining that they played mechs and never encountered the supervaluable one that deathrattles 7 damage to 2 enemies. The forums would devolve into threads of this same sentiment but you fill in the blank of tribe and minion name.

I’d be happier with if a tribe is in the game, all their cards, current and retired, are in there. I dont mind there being a lower chance to triple. Imagine how many times if your enemy didnt have a golden bird, golden baron, golden bear, golden rats, golden frogs, you might have stood a chance? If the average number of triples per player per match was down to just one triple all game, I’d be content with that. Cue the raging people to say nasty things about that idea. But I politely and kindly remind you, my statement was merely if that were the case, I’d be content with it. Nothing more.

But either way, Im surprised they havent tried an “Everyone Nguyens!” (Sounds exactly like “Everyone Wins!”) and have everyone be Nguyen the panda with the choose a hero power every round. Its as RNG and non Pay to Win as I can think of. Obviously who buys the pass if you cant pick from 4 heroes, and thus I imagine that’s why we’ve never seen it. But its a fun idea to me.