Battlegrounds was bad, just got killed off today

So now unless I pay to play battlegrounds I don’t get access to 4 heroes like I have for the past 2 years? Also where the heck is the tool tip telling me which quests I’ve accepted during the match? Yeah I have a really short memory.

Battlegrounds just died for me today. Not sure about the rest of you, but this is even more reason to be done with this game at the end of this xpac.

7 Likes

Well, that’s done it.
Obviously, it will only get worse. Uninstalled the game and launcher. Don’t think I’ll ever touch any Blizzard game.

2 Likes

I know that this was free and all and I have enjoyed playing for the past several years but I have to agree, I completely despise this new season for Battlegrounds. There is barely any sophisticated synergy left as it is totally catering to their whale,s who purchased season passes and mindless RNG. BG is no longer fun now. Bring back the synergistic gameplay where actual tactics and forethought was king and remove all of the mindless RNG and weird questing BS!!!

3 Likes

It is called Blizzard is finally going to cancel this game, but before they do they will BLEED it dry (get whales to spend massive money) then kill it off.

2 Likes

the new game sucks . it sucks demons and dragons are strong from start to end and if u play other like quillbears u will get a card every 20 coins u use . and even if u are lvl 4 u can only get lvl 1or 2 cards but 3 demons and a beast or dragon drop every time, soo i am finish playing here

There is a ! on your hero portrait that lets you know the progress on your chosen quest. its the same type of ! you see on a quest/questline in the regular game. Once you;ve completed it there will be a small circle next to your portrait that shows what the quest does for you (either passively or currently as it builds and builds depending on the quest rewards).

The 4 hero vs 2 hero selection isnt really an issue any longer with this new mechanic, as the choice of heroes was all about the hero power, but now with the power of the quests and how they can empower your board the hero power is less an issue so now worthless heroes without a power to speak of really (looking at you AFK) are now totally viable just on the quest rewards and your skill and luck in crafting a board that can synergize the best against the rest of the lobby. RNG is as much a thing as it always has been, Need a Baron? OKay well spend 30 mana refreshing and you got it buddy! or when you see the demons that give the board +2/+2 to the tavern even if you arent playing demons or plan to, they help your board out as you snag up the strategy you are going for by buffing every purchased minion, etc. All the new cards have a lot of new mechanics we arent used to seeing or anticipating. the quests can scale builds previously unheard of scaling (menagerie/ beasts) . The old way of just spamming to tier 6 isnt really a good strat anymore from what ive seen in my games. the ones Ive won 1st were the ones I never got to tier 5 or 6 lol.

Anyone remember when blizzard was THE game company. They accidentally made something with battlegrounds because they cant make something good on purpose. Better kill it off now.

2 Likes

Not enjoying the update at all. Feels 100% random with 0 synergies or skill. Just hope you get a good roll with an insane anomaly. Shame, I’ve loved this since it came out and play daily, gutted.

I spent the $15 for the battlepass and after playing this season, I want my money back. I wonder if I can put a ticket in with my credit card company to claw that $15 back from Blizz. If not, it will be the last money I ever spend on a Blizzard game.

I do. They were a GREAT game company for the longest time. Then they sold out to Activi$ion. And then got bought up by Micro$oft. Now, it’s all about that fat cash!