Battlegrounds - time to remove all poisons

it is ridiculous that the amount of poisons in the game, between murlocs and amalgadons, there is no point of playing any other tribes and build stats when a small stated poison minion just easily kills them. so sick of seeing people with 4-17 amalgadons in the game with no chance to win.

Kripp just posted a video where he found 17 amalgadones and destroyed the other players easily cause they were all divine shield/poison taunts. a full board with 5 golden/tripled and 2 regular.

Pirates/Beasts/Quillboars/Elementals/Mechs/Demons/Dragons don’t stand a chance against these. Beast use to when Maexnas were in, but now they don’t.

this meta is too high roll by everyone to try to get the dons first so they can just end the game and destroy everyone else’s boards easily. They just had a huge BGs tournament last week and the winner had the first don easily and then just destroyed everyone afterwards

3 Likes

If you find 17 copies of a tier 6 unit, are you saying that that shouldn’t crush the lobby!?

Weren’t Dragons the dominant tribe in the big BG tournament?

5 Likes

No

20 characters required.

1 Like

Yes. Please.

20 characters required.

1 Like

I consistently get in the top 4 without poison.

So poison could probably be removed.

another one who wants the counter to his favourite build removed…

is easy to tell its the real reason to ask for poison to be removed

because on all the threads ive read asking for it to be removed the OP NEVER suggests another counter to massive stats

2 Likes

I think Pirates, and only Pirates, should have a way to ignore Poisonous. Ideally a non-Pirate minion with “your Pirates ignore Poisonous.”

“Poison should be removed cuz I dont know how to play around it”.

2 Likes

… what?

First of all, Exodia Pirates obliterates poison builds anyway, so I really don’t get this. Is it a joke?

I’m not taking about Exodia Pirates. I guess I’m talking about “APM Pirates.” APM Pirates gets wrecked hard by Poisonous.

I don’t think the minion I’m describing would be useful in an Exodia Pirate build.

Just stop. We have enough of these posts already. Every time we explain why no poison would ruin battlegrounds but y’all just don’t get it.

2 Likes

If an infinite gold build of pirates doesn’t end with a bunch of Amalgadons then what’s the point, especially if you’re in a lobby with Murlocs? It has no divine shield minions, no pings, it’s hard to assemble, and it has no cleave. You’re basically saying you want a unit specifically to help a single build of a single tribe win against one specific other tribe. You’re also willfully ignoring that the mass resources it provides make it quite easy to transition into the best endgame unit.

This would be like complaining that Kalecgos dragons need a unit to help against poison and failing to realize that Amalgadon is an incredible finishing unit for Dragon endgames.

Guys I think I found the Murloc main.

The pirate problem is about the damage cap, which I do not like.

Pirates were excellent at early knockouts because of how they scaled in combat. They basically needed to win before the rest of the tribes had solid endgame set. This was how patches hit people for 35 on turn 9 or 10.

The damage cap, imo, encourages more risk and furthers the highroll meta rather than punishing risks hard and fast when they fail.

I like the armor system, but think we need one or the other but not both armor and a damage cap.

Remove Murlocs, I alway say.

Before this time. Poison playstyle can counter with multi-target attack or divine shield play method.
But now Murlocs are too big to clear them. So the Murlocs are problem, not the poison.

when you see a posion murloc buy it so they cant. then when you buy them all you will be the only one with poision

I’ll just throw this reply in since it’s more-or-less related; again, not terribly experienced with battlegrounds persay since I’m not a huge fan of it (far too random for my liking), but think there is at least some counterplay to them. That said, yes, it can be frustrating when you’ve put some effort in to a setup and it gets wrecked by poison.

Poison builds require divine shield, or it’s 1 for one. Your opponent has divine shield, frogs, or mechs you’re dead. Hell even a bot with a tie breaker stuck on him will do it. Again, play to your opponents, it’s a competition game.

Kripp plays to high roll and high roll only. It’s win or bust, then complain about his bad luck if it doesn’t work. I love the guy but there’s a reason why he loses so much. To wit, this video was extreme high roll, with dragons/murlocs in for max tier 6 drop possibilities. Also drawing a seafood and rolling an amal is very low chance… try it.

Pirate build with the respawning wins 60% of the time. Beasts win with reborn and or frogs, mechs almost 100% win unless you’re bad, demons… demons are screwed. Dragons have shield/ping - they can WRECK these builds.

That’s not true, dragons/pirates raped hard. Only one game was a lucky amal. The word ‘lucky’ is well apt, as it’s a crap shoot. Know how many Amal’s I’ve tossed down only to get like 4x death rattle and useless?

Again, play to your opponents, pay attention to what they are playing. Going to see some goddly high rolls you can’t do anything about - be it stats or otherwise. Adjust your attack order accordingly. If they’re banking on a 200/200 super taunt… well you can drop something for poison or just feed it units till you die. It’s your game.

You realize that’s a lot harder to pull off then slamming Brann and a bunch of Murlocs right?, which is what every game with Murlocs turns into. At least two or three people find the Brann with Murlocs. If Pirates are in, it’s usually a couple people finding Hogger, which loses to poison Murlocs. The only thing that beats poison Murlocs is big Dragons with Nadina, and the 4 drop dragon that allows you to punch through divine shields, and that’s not even a guarantee as it’s a lot easier to make bigger Murlocs.

Way more than just dragons beat Murlocs.