Neverending Murloc meta, huge battlegrounds issue

Battlegroudns have always been a safe heaven for me from the tedious and boring hearthstone games, but as of late it gets really annoying because of Murlocs. Murlocs are by far the easiest and the most broken minion type to play. In loading screen the announcer will say how minion types often rotate in and out from each game but for some reason Murlocs are in in the 98% of the games and what makes Murlocs even more retarded is this senseless and logic-defying mechanic called poisonous which means a 1/1 can kill a 1000/1000 instantly which makes 0 sense and is absolutely disgusting especially when combined with a murloc hero or divine shield, and as a battlegrounds player I have to deal with this almost every game and it never ends, is it time to do something about this ?

Maybe change the poison mechanic to where if a minion gets hit by poison they lose 50 to 75 percent of their health before taking physical damage?

Well this entire premise is dumb because whether or not murlocs are too good right now Poison definitely should stay as is, but you should realize that all your idea does is make the 1/1 Poison Spore, an important tech unit, completely useless. Tiny poisonous murlocs are at best a way to stem bleeding, and for all the crying about them on these forums tiny murlocs don’t win lobbies very much.

1 Like

I’ll be up-front in saying I’m far from being terribly experienced in Battlegrounds - to be frank, I’m not a huge fan of the mode due to it being a little too random, and don’t venture over there too often - but, generally, I would think poison isn’t too big an issue; sure, it can be annoying, but it generally comes about at a later stage, can be countered by positioning, divine shield (incidentally, also benefits it), et cetera, and there are generally better options to select that can make more of an impact for three gold. That said, I can certainly appreciate the disappointment one may feel if they’ve gone through a lot of effort and setup to get even decent stats on the table, or just some decent synergy, for a few minions and poison comes down to wreck havoc - happens to me when I get on a half decent roll, seem to be doing well, and then I’m matched against the one or two folks who have managed to progress a bit better than me despite having fallen to me a few rounds earlier! :stuck_out_tongue:

Murlocs are almost never a guaranteed first place. They usually don’t even make second place. In higher ranks you’d be lucky to get third with murlocs. Murlocs are a nub stomper and beat players who haven’t figured out how to handle them.

Play more. Learn more. Get better. Make murloc players cry. That’s your goal right now.

1 Like

Murlocs are the quest warriors of battleground. They utterly crush bad players and make good players go “aren’t you cute!” while they stomp murlocs out of the meta.

1 Like