Battlegrounds Survey

If you’re a BGs player, you’re going to want to complete this survey, if you get the pop up. Some INSANE ideas being tossed about for BGs!

3 Likes

I get surveys pretty often, usually about cosmetics, monetization opportunities, or future expansion ideas. I had one a while ago that was clearly a precursor to BG duos.
I always complete them because why not? Very few of the ideas will ever see the light of day but I appreciate they are at least soliciting player feedback.

1 Like

I just got that survey. Similar to my prior experience it was very monetization focused. Some of the proposed ideas seem highly likely to happen because people will pay for them.

1 Like

Blizz probably found out that secretly rigging the game didnt give the desired results.
I didnt get the survey but i guess thats because i havent bought the pass recently.

Now i kinda hope they will indeed push things like p2w armor and rerolls through. But i already know they wont.

1 Like

You’ll have to give me the scoop later lol

The only survey I had was before this expansion and there were 3 expansion themes they were asking about of which only 1 sounded fun.

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen a legit P2W offering even discussed. I would imagine if they implemented that specific feature there would be an incredible backlash.

1 Like

I better bust out the scheming board!

1 Like

I have never ever received a survey invite do they not value my pov? :sob:

2 Likes

I got 1 a few months ago and it was my only one ever in all the years.

WorriedCheez has had several. This is like the 3rd or 4th one he’s gotten from what I remember. They really love him lol

2 Likes

Tbf if they select me to evaluate expansion ideas like: Millhouse’s Whimsical School of Wizardry, The Great Azeroth Olympics or Nemsy’s Crazy Restaurant, they’re not gonna like what I have to say.

2 Likes

We’re not allowed to talk about what we’ve seen in the surveys, so I’ll just leave you with this image

2 Likes

I made those up but I am pretty sure these aren’t very different from the kind of ideas being floated around for sure lol

2 Likes

If they implement the things I have seen related to this survey, BGs is going full on pay to win.

The are going to offer you the chance to have tokens to start with additional armor, to re-reroll in game discovers, re-roll your hero choices, and more.

I can tell you with certainty it would be enough for me to actually stop playing the mode for good.

Edit: I did not get the survey, but two players I know IRL were discussing it.

1 Like

Yes, those sound bad. But also keep in mind sometimes they throw out WILD things in those surveys just to see what people think and likely never implement.

Don’t get me wrong, it wouldn’t surprise me if they did. Blizzard is greed central (see $60 for a skin)

But some of the stuff I saw in my survey about standard made absolutely zero sense and I think it was there just to provide an extreme hypothetical for their survey.

1 Like

I’m taking it with a grain of salt, but it’s clearly testing the waters to see what they can get away with monetization wise.

My understanding, second hand, was that the survey asked about what would make you spend money on the mode.

Several of the proposed features were suggested to be addons to a potential “premium” tavern pass with increased benefits and skins and such for a few dollars more.

The focus, from what I understand second hand, was car dealer smarmy sort of, “what will it take to get you to spend a few bucks on battlegrounds today?”

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

I am genuinely curious. How does buying a BG cometic give you an advantage? The pass i’ll give you but it’s peanuts when it comes to money. That’s about the only pay advantage i can see if you want to call it that.

1 Like

Ahhh but they don’t want to sell you just cosmetics. The proposals in question give clear and fairly heavy advantages to the paying player . There were certainly cosmetic ideas too, which is mostly what I’m interested in .

1 Like

Just to add (within the bounds of what I can say) to WorriedCheez on this -
A clear goal of the survey was to establish what a ‘BG widget’ would be worth. Right now you have an established unit of monetization in constructed (a pack) and Arena (a ticket). When it existed, both Duels and Mercenaries had a measure of what a player would invest.
Currently, the only BG monetization is in cosmetics and the pass - which has dozens of (entirely) cosmetic options + the 2 extra heroes (which I would argue isn’t pure P2W, but maybe P2W-adjacent).
While I believe (and hope) they wouldn’t actually move forward with selling something that gives an in game advantage, assessing its worth may give them an additional way to measure the value of a BG ‘widget’ that isn’t purely cosmetic.
So yes, one idea in the survey was 100% unquestionably P2W and several others I would call P2W adjacent (as in, not give you an advantage in the game itself once it starts), but I hope/suspect that they are using the responses as input to their strategy; I also recognize that this small indie game company is still looking to make lots of money.

1 Like