Battlegrounds RNG LUCK

Firstly sorry for my english
pls fix that: For instance : Everyone going elemental demon or quilboar Just I am only one going to murloc why I DONT GET ANY MURLOC card orrrr I am going to demon that game givig me demon so okey I will go to demon then after 5 or 7 round antoher player get all demon card before sorry but what the … is that this is only LUCK game or some strategy games like that hmmm everone go to elemnet so I need to chance my build or I should move new tactic that player get demons so I need to go antoher build so bad JUST FIX that

1 Like

If you aren’t getting murlocs don’t try to go murlocs. It sounds like you are picking a build too early

Nuh uh, I have to disagree here. You’re victim blaming, probably not on purpose. I am saying this because i have seen it too. I’ll have 3 or 4 of a suite and suddenly none ever appear again, and if they do, they are tier 1 or 2… yet no one is playing that suite.

It’s more than just pay to win, it’s straight up BS. I have spent about $800 on WoW this year alone BUT because I didn’t spend my money on Hearthstone, Blizzard has pretty much told me I can FO.

They do the same thing to me in-game (WoW). They know i spend money so they don’t bother with giving me fair RNG, they know I’ll pay a gold seller instead. Damn shame they have no competitors. I’d take my riches elsewhere.

4 Likes

something happened 2 expansions ago. if you went dragons you had no issues getting the lv 1 girl who gives them +1 h when they go up attack. same for going demons and getting the lv 1 guy that hurts you unless you have a rewind. or any build built on certain low lv cards. NOW they are some times as hard as finding water in the dessert. but it’s not just low lv. some times as soon as you pick a type they dry up. and again as others said a lot of times no one else is even playing them.

2 Likes

You’ve described BGs in a nutshell. Don’t try to go for the same build everyone else is. Sometimes you find the tribe you look, sometimes you don’t. NEVER plan a build from the start of the game; let the shop guide you there. If you’re pressing the refresh button before turn 6, you’re rolling the dice as all economy should be going towards minion acquisition and/or board buffing.

I’m only talking the basics, of course.

It’s a high RNG game mode wherein you use money and thinking in order to counter it and your opponent’s. It’s why units with taunt or scam units exist in the game.

Nothing to fix

But then there’s your opponent playing Elementals unchecked, with 4 triples and 29000000 billion health.

Depending on the turn, this is very much possible

This is impossible as there is a limitation on atk/hlth within the game as a whole

OK literal larry, pipe down.

It’s definitely a lot easier for people to snowball rapidly. If you’re behind, There’s no way for you to catch up!

1 Like

It’s a public forum. I’m responding to the conversation.

But you can understand a point being made even if the details are a bit hyperbolic.

Are you this literal when anyone says its “raining cats and dogs outside” or when someone is getting in from work and refers to their feet and says “oh my dogs have been barking for this” only to remove their work shoes and sit and relax?

Being frustrated at an absurdly high number of stats (as compared to one’s own minions stats at the same point in the game) of your opponent’s minions isnt any different of a stretch to say “they’ve got [insert any number greater than the game’s literal max possible] attack/hp!”

You may just be responding to the conversation but you seem to be not getting their point at all. Or at least not showing any amount of understanding of what they are experiencing. A bit of empathy doesnt mean you are weak or illogical or a bad player. Choosing to not show it and instead just poke holes at their statements, now thats a different thing all together.

ChatGPT could have made your same “responding to the conversation” type of posts. If thats the kind of persona you wish to portray, thats a you thing. I know Ive been making the same exact complaints of the Highroll RNG and “Everyone in lobby is all the same Tribe and Im still not getting any of the tribe Ive picked and it isnt the tribe they all went” along with “why do I only seem to get neutral minions over and over again with only the occasional tribe appearing (never a useful one)?”

OP isnt experiencing anything new, thats for sure. And it has been a trope of the game mode a very long time and has only gotten worse the more diluted the minion pools have gotten and the more tribeless minions that flood every refresh to the point of seeing 1 tribed minion maybe every other or every third refresh. (and again, usually never a useful one and almost always a t1 or t2 even when Im at t5 or t6).

1 Like

yeah I know thats why I am angry because when I chance to antoher build no one go to demon I could not find demon also

fixing it for you just trying to help.

“yeah I know thats why I am angry because when I change to another build that no one was playing such as demon I could not find demon either.”

and i agree same thing happens. somehow in 2024 something changed and now you can’t get what plays you want. wife and i both play and we both have noticed.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is thus:

“Rules for thee but not for me”

They gave an impossible number, so I responded to it in kind. The first part of their comment is very much possible depending on the turn, but they don’t mention it.

And Cramer, for the last time, stop trolling, bro.

I dont get what you are saying by this? In what way did I suggest rules for anyone but not myself? Nothing in my post can possibly have led to that. Im all eye/ears as to how you came to such a conclusion because Ive reread my post twice now, and you are making a leap of faith in what I wrote that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade would think is a stretch even they couldnt rationalize. I know Im certainly not able to get what you read out of my words.

Also, what part of advocating for showing empathy to someone obviously expressing their point by using an impossible number is in any way trolling? Im over here pointing out the lack of basic human interactions here. You are nit picking and claiming Im doing something Im not. If the motives you get from why Im expressing concepts like empathy and understanding make you think Im trolling… that a serious issue I cannot begin to suggest how to address. Its akin to “everything looks like a nail when you’re a hammer” type mentality. If everything I say is trolling to you, you should re-assess your own mindset you are reading with. Im being as uncontroversial and completely genuine with my points about empathy and understanding. If that seems impossible to you therefore must be troll, nothing I can ever say ever will be otherwise.

I have never, trolled. Period. Ever. Your inability to take me as sincere or whatever isnt my fault.

Regardless if the number was possible or not in technicality terms, I often encounter what I would call impossible stats by turn 9 or 10. minions with hundreds of attack or hp. and best I can ever manage is maybe the higher 40s or 60s on maybe one or two at the same stage of the game as my opponents having full boards of quillboar with 300+ everything board wide. And I had been getting good minions in my run until I encountered the tryhard with an assumed MMR of 6k/7k + .

You may think thats perfectly and easily doable by that turn, i dont encounter that kind of rng or luck of the draw or scaling. So forgive me for identifying with the OP and their very similar scenario.

1 Like

Imagine paying 800 bucks for your characters clothes and then wondering why you cant have fun in a 2dimensional card game…

“GEEE THIS XPAC SEEMS REALLY BORING, STAGNANT EVEN”

“Hey kid, you want a pair of fiery wings…” (fades into the shadows)

“Ya What about decent writing… hell even bad writing would be okay at this point”

F i E r Y W I I N G ssss FIRerY wINgS…

But if you are Brann, and the only reliable battle cry tribe in the lobby is murlocs… (Beast/Murloc/Naga/Pirate/Undead for example), and the game doesnt give you murlocs… there is no path to victory. Undead have 2, Pirates have 2, Beast now have 1. Naga only have 2. and Murloc have 5. With neutral also having 5 but none at t1 and only 1 at t2 and 1 at t3 2 at t4 and 1 at t5… making it exceedingly difficult to even obtain the initial Brann prize let alone take advantage of it’s use. Every time I;ve played the guy its always as If Im playing a hero that doesnt have a hero power until nearly combat 9 or 10, and then even if i got the prize, im eliminated by the turn I played him anyways.

I dont think its possible to not pick a tribe with certain heroes. I cant imagine someone winning with brann never getting their brann and not playing any battlecry heavy tribes… thats essentially playing bgs without any power at all all game.

Perhaps the mistake was choosing to be Brann in such a lobby. Sometimes the best choice is acting like you don’t have a hero power

I do believe there is something to be said for those who pay and those who choose not to. I know that will be argued because there will never be data to prove it because nobody will do the work to see if that is true. RNG happens, I’m good with that, but RNG shouldn’t give you garbage minions 5 games in a row or make you loose rounds that have a 90% chance to win or die with a 0.2% chance to even loose the round. Happens to me frequently.

1 Like

Brann is still a fine choice with Demons especially, and maybe Quillboar. Pretty much every game I go Demons I’m going to buy 3 Picky Eaters over the course of the game, and one or two of the Tavern Spell to trigger Battlecry. If I get to Brann two or three of those Battlecries I’m happy, can sell afterwards for space. I think I unironically prefer Brann Demons to Brann Murlocs.

Quillboar kind needs Naga Dragons or Murlocs to trigger the Gem Smuggler every turn, but it can happen. Not as consistent, but especially good as a backup plan if Demons or Murlocs just won’t show up.