Battlegrounds New Heroes!

What do you guys think of the new heroes? I’ve only played Millhouse Manastorm and that man is confusing asf to play. Everything is 2 mana! Refreshing, 2 mana. Minion, 2 mana. WHATTTTTT hahaha

I lost, to say the least. Went back to VanCleef.

I avoid Millhouse like the plague. Play with what you get they say, but usually you don’t get many good minions per roll, so to use the hero power to its potential you’d have to buy the crap minions for 2 mana, which is still bad. And in the late game 2 mana reroll is just a reipe for disaster.

Yeah, I’ve been avoiding him like the plague. So hard to use/makes no sense. Putricide is fun although his strategy is a little narrow and limited. I love Tiriod Fordring, though. Whew. Really strong as far as I can see

Well…

I have good results with millhouse but it is basically a build with what you get game.

I only reroll with millhouse at late game and even then I think twice.

It he isn’t bad at all but has a playstyle that will be dificult to the average player and isn’t that rewarding.

I would describe him as:
Take a small extra risk and get a small extra reward.

I think he would be more fun if it was something like:

Minions cost 1, rerolls cost 3. Start with one coin.

Millhouse is aIright. I usually try to get double token (or settle with one and sell [takr more damage though] then sell to get tier 2 by turn 2, then with 4 coins get any of the two best minions from T2, then either resell one again and get 3 minions or upgrade to tier 3, then get 3 minions in tier 3 pool.

So far my stats for him are 2nd, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th.

Tirion I can’t do well with, all the best neutral minions are in tier 4 and I either have to stick to neutral meta and fall behind or switch, the hero power feels like an after thought.

Tirion seems horrible, haven’t tried milk house yet but seems bad. 2gp to reroll in the endgame must suck…
The professor is pretty great. Nothing beats a 22 cleave minion:)

I agree. Or upgrade cost 2. Everything 2 gold. When you upgrade at regular price then reroll for 2 Gold… rough

Lost 800 rating in a few days. People who still like this mode are idiots. Blizzard forces losses to people with bad rolls and rng (2 ppl go murlocs and no one has a coldlight and i cant find one, there are 6 in the pool,) The devs ruined this mode.,

I spent so much time rerolling to even see a minion in my tier. I’ve been going RNG and pray. This is why I love daryl and vancleef. they works with that randomness. It’s still unfun if you’re most other heroes.

An 800 point swing is really nothing in a game where you can win or lose 100 points in a single game. I’ve experience such swings many times since playing Battlegrounds, it’s nothing new.

I pretty much just ignore my MMR and I’ll keep playing as long as the mode is fun.

1 Like

Millhouse is okay, not great, but okay; sell your minion turn 2 to upgrade to tier 2 tavern, turn 3 buy two tier 2 minions.

The 2 gold reroll isn’t as detrimental as people make it out to be, if you roll a board with multiple minions that you want, Millhouse is still fine. If you’re looking for 2 minions you get 3 rolls to find them, if you’re looking for 3 minions you get 2 rolls to find them. This is compared to other hero’s rolls of 4 and 1 respectively. Having minions cost just 2 gold also means it’s easy to spend that 1 floating gold. Course you can always hit the jackpot and end up with a board where you want to buy 4 or 5 minions.

Tirion is okay as well, makes the neutral cards as a viable build path; but you’re unlikely to be able to go full neutral and win. He somewhat lends himself toward the demons or deathrattle builds.

I think millhouse and prof put are mid tier heros. That 2 cost reroll is a nightmare late and tirion is bottom tier.

removed by author delete this

Millhouse i dont know how to play yet. He probably isnt that strong but he is very interesting. I wish he did start on 3 gold,not sure why its 2 but i guess it was needed for balance? 2 gold is very awkward with everything you do after.
There is a few things with him,freezing for 1 minion i think in general is very bad with him,because you will need a 2 mana roll after. My intuition is to stay at tier 1 for a while and try get demons rolling but i am not sure that is best strat.
The thought beeing that later on with various builds you are looking to get specific minions,something millhouse is bad at because of the 2 mana reroll. Demons dont need many specific minions,any demon or general utility minion will do which would make his 2 mana reroll a bit less of a drawback.

Millhouse is kinda of a bad yogg. He is strong early to fill up board. Don’t be picky. Just get some guys going. Later he is atrocious as he cant find specific minions and he cant hit triples and that cripples you on tier 5 and tier 6. Mid tier at best. I ended up with him needing gentle so bad and I couldn’t get it. Another I had beasts and needed goldrinn. Another I needed argus to taunt some eggs and kabooms. I never got any of them. The 2 cost reroll rekt me.

Not fan of Millhouse but there are worse options. He feels too dependant on what you roll and since it matters less in early game it is not disaster hero but late game is nightmare to look for certain things.

Professor can work with certain minions but is nothing special in my books.

Tirion is good if you want easy top 4 but rarely wins if you just rely on hero power. Play him regulary and you see more wins but sometimes risk losing earlier.

Just the math on millhouse makes him seem bad. Reduce buy cost by 33%, increase refresh cost by 100%. Should let the guy at least start at normal 3 gold.

Trash tier hero, just lost so many points due to that sub par mechanic of his…

Yah millhouse is trash. downgrading him to bottom tier hero with tirion. even hit brann early and still got rekt. that 2 cost refresh is brutally bad

Although, I did play a guy yesterday that was using him and he was somehow at tier6 way before everyone else and owning. Don’t ask me how, lol.