Battlegrounds New Heroes!

Many pros is rating tirion pretty highly. I agree millhouse is thrash. But tirion is still an above average hero to me.

1 Like

And increase selling profit to 50% from 33%…

I would pick tirion over half the other heroes. Millhouse putricide would almost never pick again. Although millhouse can be okay if you’re lucky. Going mechs with them is doable.

1 Like

Tirion is okish. He is better than millhouse and putricide though

Not a fan of Millhouse but Tirion is imo the strongest hero in the game, you just need to pick very different minions with him than with anyone else, which is good, because generally nobody else is picking those minions so you can get triples easily. Last time I played with him my final board was Zap, Spawn of N’zoth, Selfless Hero, 2x Boogey Monster, Baron Rivendare, Festeroot Hulk. And it was a really easy 1st place. Everything except Zap, Boogeys and Hulk were golden and everything was huge thanks to his hero power, like 20/20 spawn of n’zoth for example, spawn and hero had taunt to make sure they die first, giving my whole board +6/+6 and divine shield in the process.

1 Like

I hate the two mana Millhouse as much as I hate starting the game without either a Murloc or Cat. It throws me off my game. I was in a final against a very strong Tirion player one game recently and he totally destroyed my Mech build with a board full of no name bots including the low level taunt that gives a buff and the shielded bots that raise attack when a shield drops. I was very impressed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

shthouse duststorm needs a buff

either remove the 2 gold reroll or the 2 gold start: the former messes up your lategamw and the latter messes your progression -both of them combined make your game plan just weak thus the pay off for playing the hero isn’t good

remove one of the two and it dusthouse shtstorm might become better

1 Like

Tirion is reasonably powerful but very dependent on 5-6 excact minions to be good. Without those he is terrible! Millhouse is just bad imo

so Tirion is a little overtuned, imo. just stay on t1 and hit the button every round. ez mode.

eventually youll want t4 for Bolvar, MAYBE.

2 cost refresh is NOT worth it at all. I tried. Not even the Token battlecry minions help. You sacrifice a lot of units with refresh. I refresh the tavern more than I buy minions ffs. WhYy. I don’t think Tirion is bad at all. If you manage to get Boogeymonster and Zapp Slywick, those buffs are gamechanging.

1 Like

Do you stay on tier 1 for tirion for awhile? I dont understand how ppl are making him work so well. I get creeamed almost everygame. The only time I did good I got an early gold selfless, righteous, and boogey and still only got 4th as I got destroyed by demons and mechs and even beasts.

I do think you have to stay on 1 till you get at least a righteous before tiering up. Playing normally you can still do well but then might as well not play with a hero power which is still winnable. You also need to taunt your golden selfless asap or you’re losing lots of value out of it.

And reduce starting gold by 33%. And besides, most players roll more than they buy and sell less than that. If they aren’t, then they won because they got 100% what they needed on first choices. Millhouse is garbo, the worst hero in the mode released so far.

1 Like

Ended up 1st place with Tirion a few more times, getting easier and easier to top 4 with him at minimum. Just need to stay teir 1 until you get at least 4 minions to use his hero power on each turn: Any combination of Selfless Hero, Righteous Protector, or Wrath Weaver. Pushing to turn 4 quickly for the better neutral minions is pretty much a mistake.

That’s why you buy what you can, and then sell them next turn when you see something you need.

Tirion works great for me so far! He maybe not be of S tier potential, but definitely in the high tiers, and that’s the best thing when you want to release a hero.

Apart from the usual selfless/righteous strategy he can work also with demons, and he’s also useful in most builds that uses non-tribal combo enablers.

Beasts? Buff your pack leader early and baron later.
Demons? Give your juggler/weaver an easy buff to solidify your early game.
Any deathrattle build? Fortify your baron.

My personal favourite is enabling Khadgar builds. It’s not hard to find 2 or 3 khadgars. Buff them, and have an early rivendare-ish build that can give you pretty decent results.

About Millhouse though… yeah, he seems very weak. I theorized that his purpose is giving you an easy 4th place… and that’s about it. I haven’t played him much to verify this. One thing’s for sure, 2 for reroll is crushing your hopes for anything better than the 4th place in the late game.

1 Like

It’s the best hero in terms of position placed % according to this. Definitely a top tier hero. What I’m surprised with is patchwerk being in the top 9.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/euoco4/hsreplaynet_top_battlegrounds_heroes/

I like the paladin but have struggled to get 1st place with him, I hate millhouse, rerolling for 2 is yuck you just kind of have to get lucky with rolls or bank tokens

Patchwerk is the worst hero

Yeah my friends and I have tried that and other strategies and have yet to win with him. We range from 6600 - 8000 (3 people) so we are familiar with metas that would work. We take him every time he’s offered to see if anything works.

1 Like