Battlegrounds needs to heavily punish leaving

People wouldnt leave if the game wasnt unbalanced on purpose.

They make weaker heroes on purpose so u buy their tavern pass.

That’s why I dont take BG seriously.

3 Likes

If they wanted us to stay they should not have overtuned the RNG to give P2W better selection, more rewards, and made everyone else cannon fodder for whales with no skill. Why would we stay for that kind of FUN?

1 Like

Additionally, (have already won with all others) I only have 1 champion I need to win with, so not worth it to stay for anything else.

No.

Battlegrounds needs to be balanced.

If Blizzard chooses to exclude… sorry… if your “random tavern” continues to place the least desireable tier 1, 2 and 3 cards in front of a player upon multiple refreshes, while bumping other placers into a stronger position, the game has failed to provide a balanced experience. This whole resumoning 400+ hit undead multiple times, a buffig and rebuffing Quillbore is ridiculously out of hand.

To exit the game when the odds are repeatedly in your opponents favor, it is just to leave the game. Why waste time?

I vote for punishing the leavers. Crybaby snowflakes that didnt get what they wanted when they wanted it. Sorry/not sorry.

the problem isn’t leavers it’s the crappy game lobby system, among other things … there are probably plenty of people like me who have all of the bgs achievements and only really play during the new patches to get the new heros and keep the bgs achievements at 100% … then there are those who as already mentioned just don’t wanna play with crappy hero options in general or who only like playing with certain heros … or maybe who got a crappy roll on the tribes, anamolies, etc. … idk what they would have to do to have a more dynamic lobby where people who leave before a certain point can get their spot filled in by someone else but that would seem to me to be the most logical way to fix leavers from ruining a full game experience … either that or create bgs bots to fill in … punishing leavers doesn’t really give you a full game experience if they still leave the game regardless of the punishment

That’s a fair point - they should probably also penalize players more heavily that play a mode and don’t win. While they are at it, penalize those people who do play and end up winning the BG for not having a life to focus on outside of being open invested in the game. Or you could stay in you lane and play your game as you wish, whilst others do the same

Maybe there should be a punishment from legislative bodies worldwide for companies falsely advertising a game as f2p when it’s p2w.

1 Like

these guys can’t make draws decent or targeting beneficial and you expect them to create a decent bot lol

If leavers were punished though think how bad it would feel if you didn’t leave on purpose but suffered a disconnect. Would they be able to tell the difference?

1 Like

Does… does that really affect the game all that much? I win some and I lose some and it doesn’t really matter who leaves.

What’s the problem?

If your minions gain stats fighting other minions and half the lobby leaves and the “dead guy” you fight has little to no minions its frustrating early rounds.

…and that should be the ONLY advantage. It’s unfortunate that the advantage doesn’t stop there.

if I was punished for leaving I would simply clear my board and wait.

the most irritating part about playing leavers is your board is designed to scale from combat, no board and you lose a turn of scaling.

The only comprehensive analysis I have seen of 2 vs 4 heroes lead to about a 4% difference in win rate, meh.

Pretty sure I have beaten all of the above. The ai is not a great player, the ai simply cheats.

Next time someone leaves a BG game we put them in front of a firing squad.

‘heavily punish’, lol.

This is comedy gold right here.
Well played.