Battlegrounds golden minions

It’s time to make all golden minions feel special. In battlegrounds you have a lot of minions that are well balanced and feel great when you get a triple because not only do you get to discover a next tier minion but they’re effects are doubled. My suggestion, there are a small number of minions that are left out of the second half of that bonus. Most of these could be resolved by simply giving them a little extra stats boost once tripled, 1/1 really would be enough. IE pup bot plus one plus one wants tripled making him a 5/3 divine shield. Basically, if the effect can’t be easily doubled, the golden minion should be overstated once tripled . However, there are a few others that should really get some more attention for example Greta Golden-gun as a six drop, if you triple her, it should feel like a massive boost in power. My suggestion here would be to either tweak the spellcraft mechanic to allow the effect to happen for two combats effectively letting her keep two other minions golden or add a spellcraft 2 marker that adds two spell crafts to your hand each turn. This could also be done with glow scale since she’s of five tier with nothing special to her effect. The only other minion I would see needing special attention to would be seafood slinger. I feel his golden battlecry should not only make a murloc golden but also add a random golden murloc to your hand.

1 Like

Some minions are good to tripple, others aren’t. The trick is to know which ones are good and which ones are filler.

I think this seriously undermines just how big a move discovering a Minion +1 Tavern Tier can be. Especially within the current meta which is race to T5/6. Sure, you can low-roll your discover, but if you’re playing correctly, it should still be a boost even if your current comp doesn’t benefit.

Golden minions work just fine

The fact you don’t understand how strong these cards are kind of makes my point

I’d argue (lately) that the bigger issue is the lack of consistency in creature type (other than undead) in the tavern on a regular basis. The power of some golden minions is certainly lackluster, but fairly meaningless as a point of consideration when multiple minions are not appearing. This is a new experience (new with undead) - I’ve been a player since the very beginning here and the significant change in tavern appearance of creature types is remarkable - and very disappointing. Too many games are going to top 4 where there is nary a golden minion to be seen, much less a consistent comp/build. This change to the game is in need of addressing