Battlegrounds Freezing Constantly Mid Combat

This started the day after the Unity upgrade patch. I have been playing Hearthstone since beta and have never had this problem. I am on PC. Intel I7 and a 3070ti Video card.

A minion of mine will go to attack during combat and just freeze. I have let it sit for minutes, It seems that the only way to fix it is to close the game manually and reload. I can play whole games without it happening at all, or it can happen every combat. It is getting extremely frustrating and has cost me games when it happens on the last minion of combat and I get no time to play the next round.

I have tried upgrading video drivers to latest, clearing hearthstone cache, Totally uninstalled hearthstone and reinstalled, nothing fixes it. I had a post in reddit about it, and a few others had the same issues with no solution.

3 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue. It’s EXTREMELY aggravating having to close & reload the game. I followed similar steps to yours in order to fix the issue, & still have no improvement.

2 Likes

No response from tech support on this? It started the day the hearthstone update went to the newer version of Unity, never happened to me before that, and still happens often and is getting very very old.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me as well ever since the last major patch. It’s a pain in the neck. Every single game I play on my desktop (wired connection), at some point during the BG combat, the game will freeze in the middle of a unit attacking, and I’ll have to close Hearthstone and restart the program entirely.

Tech Support please help. Funny how this type of thing never happens to any “famous streamers” only us plebs.

2 Likes

Same issue.
Also experienced a big increase of the combat disconnects, kinda feel it might be related to this, as it has the same fix, usually reloading the game.

1 Like

Similar for me as well. Either the transition to combat or out of it, or suddenly while trying to do anything during build phase. game freezes and wants to reconnect but game files freeze.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time in BG’s and only BG’s. This is a Blizz issue and they are not offering any sort of support to fix this issue that many people are having.

This just started happening to me. Freezing mid-combat in BGs. Internet running fine. Tried force quitting and reconnecting, continues to happen. Maybe I’ll try reinstalling.

1 Like

no response from devs? this makes battlegrounds unplayable for me.

1 Like

I have tried repairing, reinstalling HS, reinstalling Windows and every other trouble shooting step I could find but its still happening. Wondering if its possibly location based? I’m located in the north east of Canada.

1 Like

I have tried uninstalling, updating video drivers. I’d really like to be able to enjoy this game again.

1 Like

I had the same issue, also in standard Ranked.

I have set a FPS limit to 60 FPS in Nvidia Controlpanel for Hearthstone and so far this seems to fix it.

There is something wrong that Desync the game on your PC and the Hearthstone servers when your PC runs a too high FPS?

3 Likes

Still happening constantly, even after uninstall/reinstall, no response from devs. Are you even reading this forum?

1 Like

Still happening. Blizzard is likely aware of this issue but isn’t responding or fixing it yet because most of their devs are focused on features aimed at bringing more of their audience back to the main Hearthstone game since it probably makes them a lot more revenue than BG.

I notice two instances of this bug:

1. Disconnects part way through the current game, then shows dialog saying it’s trying to reconnect;
  2. Final round where I’m the clear winner of the game and it completely freezes during the minion vs minion animation.

I haven’t had any issues with the HS client on this machine until the last several months.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.