Battlegrounds changes

last I used she gives a 3 cost ability to discover a minion of current tier. The only use being if you have 3 mana and no good minions to choose from… might get a chance at something better.

You’re severely underestimating how useful that is. It allows you to instantly get a higher tier minion on level up. AND it’s a superpowered free reroll that guarantees you can choose from 3 high tier minions instead of a regular reroll that costs gold and might not even get you 1 high tier minion.

2 Likes

yeah, I must be missing something. It didn’t seem to give a chance to discover higher tier minion. Just minions of the tier i’m currently on, which is useless once I upgrade to higher tier. A regular refresh costs 1 gold, but the discover costs 3. It gives no chance to get anything better than one’s current tavern offers. So, it seems like nothing more than a refresh tavern option, except you are forced to pick one. Sure, it may give 3 minions of current tier to choose from, but that alone doesn’t gaurentee anything good.

It costs three to choose from three minions. If you use refresh instead it costs between 3 and 5, and you don’t know your options. You only know about the cards you passed on, and if they turn out to have been better then it is too late to do anything about it.

Are these verified changes coming? Dint see notice yet.

Shudderwock will be way too good with 1 mana power. A rating now. Mechs will be fantastic for him with being able to easily double all your metal leapers. Murlocs as well but murlocs are weak but with shudder maybe you can make it happen. Dbl bagurgle and dbl gentle is nuts.

Queen Wag will still suck because menagerie sucks. Total Trap hero. Random mech, demon, murloc, and beast is gonna get clobbered by synergy of other tribles. Lightfang is meh. Amalgum is gone and cant take place of what you are missing. This hero is even worse than before because before ppl knew it sucked and dint pick it. Now they might think its good or want to try it and they will get crushed. The one way I can see this maybe working is if you get cave hydra, cobalt, and things where the attack really matters.

Pyramad was better than ppl thought but still pretty bad. slightly less than average. 3 health actually may be decent. That is a lot of health over a game and health matters now that poison is kinda gone. I wouldn’t be surprised to see pyramid as a C+ or B- hero now.

Infinite Toki is nerf reverted? Toki was the best hero in the game before change. 1 mana power lead to a lot of free hits at tier 5 and 6 minions. She is gonna be back to bat shiz insane. A+ grade.

Patches is still in charge of sucking because deal 4 instead of 3 wont save it.

Golden Soul Juggles is a huge buff being able to ping shields all over and kill 2 things a trigger. Huge buff that demons don’t need.

Selfless Hero dint need this buff either as its tier 1 and already was viable in endgame as a tech.

How did rafaam escape a nerf?

I think AFK needs to be removed as well. Such a highroll hero. Its not cool to whiff and then get crushed. Its also not cool you can hit dbl floating watcher or dbl cobalt and just steamroll the entire BG. Even if you just hit ok stuff and hit the person facing you for 8 and then 12 early isn’t cool when they are helpless. AFK needs to be axed from BGs.

1 Like

It’s a blue post on the community forum, so I assume it is legit.

.[quote=“Urza-1177, post:22, topic:22330”]
Are these verified changes coming? Dint see notice yet.
[/quote]

There are 2 way to use her hero power. Turn 3 and 4 the travern all 1 drop or thrash 2 drop? The hero power ensure something decent. If your travern is good? Keep it until u hit a pair. The map increases odds of trips alot.

Golden Soul Juggler
After a friendly Demon dies, deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion twice . (instead of 6 damage once)

Because he needed the buff, oh well I can’t complain to much spreading out the damage makes it possible to beat all the Divine Shield Murloc nonsense so Megasaur isn’t an instawin.

Did they remove righteous protector as well? i just spent 13 turns tier 1 cycling as deryl and never came across one…

These changes tell me the design team are a bunch of clueless idiots when it comes to battlegrounds. You change already decent heroes to make better while keeping total useless crap heroes as is. You have a hero that only gives mechs in tavern +1 attack. +1 attack for mechs… 1 time. Yeah… that’s worth playing. Whoever came up with that heroe’s ability should be fired. Just Clueless.

Is it just me or did they also reduce the turn timer? I play the way I always do and have plans in advance, so I can make my moves in quick succession, yet since the patch I keep getting short of time and am unable to make all my moves.

EDIT: Huh, guess I was just in a glitched game or something. The timer is now normal (I would only get 30-40 seconds each round, now I properly get 50-60 seconds as it has always been. It wasn’t because of animations: combat time was pretty normal)

They still didn’t fix the main problem: 7-8 place playing three times in a row against top 1-2 and losing all three times. Almost every game I see people matching like this

Thats too harsh but I also expected little more changes since it beta and all. Latest patch did not fix any real issue but just did some random things. It felt more like update for almost complete game format. Atleast it was not turn for worse. Hopefully next one will happen soon with more good stuff.

Well, some would argue they did make worse by making a couple of heroes much better. Infinite Loki’s ability reduced to 1 was hardly a needed change. She went from good to awesome. Same with reducing the double battlecry’s ability to 1. While you have heroes like the guy that give mechs in tavern +1 attack. Are you kidding me?! How is this even a hero ability? At least the demon guy can add +1/+1 to all demon per turn and he’s utterly useless if not playing demons. Some heroes are ONLY good for a slight start game advantage, then they are useless. Who’s gonna get a random minion from tavern after start game for +1/+1?

Mallificent actually used to be the best in BG, and all that was different was that she also gave Bob’s Mechs +1 Health in addition to the +1 ATK. Granted, that made quite the difference, but it goes to show that a small buff can go a long way.

Also, don’t underestimate Yogg-Saron: he’s brutal when used well. Only hero I ever managed to win with all 40 health remaining.

Ive played shudderwock several more times and its still not op. If you hit token units you can do well as you hit triples easy. But the power inclines you to murlocs first and then mechs as doubling demon or beasts is sorta meh. Being inclined to murlocs leads to more losses than wins. And everyone is fighting for mechs everygame. Shudderwock is a solid B grade but not a top hero.

Hmmm play him normally. Imagine he is brann. How you will play if you have a brann from turn 1. Now imagine how powerful this can get. Now you don’t even need 1 extra board space. I did a all taunt strag with strongshell and it’s just crushing opponent with pure stats.

Brann is every battlecry. Shudder is 1 for 1 cost. Big difference. Shudder is decent hero but still not in top 5. Maybe not even top 10. He would be a lot better if murlocs weren’t so weak because you tend to end up murlocs a lot.

Not that big unless you find alot of battlecry a turn. I played him 5 times since patches 3 1st 2 2nd and none is murloc. I don’t like murloc and don’t force murloc. Instead I get a cobalt guardian and hydra van cleef and daryl will be proud of. I have a big battlemaster to clean things up. Lightfang and manegerie actually works just for stats alone. There are alot things you can do with his hero power. It’s definitely not a full brann but it’s also as good a brann it can get with extra board space. If brann is top tier minion, wock is top tier hero.

Anybody know what streamers are saying for shudderwock now? I don’t see him picked that often. I agree that if you start getting battlemasters they can carry with shudderwock.