Battlegrounds... Are there rewards?

Maybe this eluded me somehow, but are there rewards for doing well in battlegrounds? Can you win packs or cosmetics or something… or is it just for fun?

Can wins (or top 4 placements) be used for progress towards the 500 or 1000 win heroes?

Thanks!!

A top-4 finish counts as a win for the 10 gold you get for every three wins.

That is hardly a good deal. The plain answer might as well be “No.” Since I would make more than that in the same amount of time it takes to complete just one.

7 Likes

Sure? The obvious counterpoint is that Battlegrounds don’t need as much of a gold investment to maximize access (at most, you’d need 2000 gold for 20 packs to unlock the third hero), so lower rewards are to be expected.

Or, you know, just don’t play Battlegrounds if the rewards aren’t worth it.

1 Like

No worries there, I won’t. Stupid waste of programming in my humble opinion.

8 Likes

you don’t really win, you just prevent others from getting 3.33 gold

7 Likes

Yeah, this was an illconceived idea. Whoever gave this game mode the “go-ahead” without introducing a tangible reward along with it, their job position should be in question.

I can’t even see how this benefits Activision/Blizzard either. I mean, what are they getting out of this?

We aren’t getting anything out of this, they aren’t getting anything out of this. Nobody is getting anything here. It is very perplexing.

Edit: Hey Blizzard, are you on drugs?

5 Likes

Same as they got out of the free adventures they made for a little over a year, before returning back to paid adventures.
It provides extra value for their players. Not for all players, some will not like the game mode. But some do.

Not everything needs to be monetized directly.

Also, Battelgrounds is still in beta. Who knows, perhaps they will add an entry price and a reward structure later. But during beta, you really want as many people playing it as possible, to get more feedback on bugs, balance, etc.

1 Like

Not getting rewards doesnt mean its pointless. The very goal of game isnt to get rewards but to have fun in the first place. (Saying that I do agree it would be better if there was a reward system for battlegrounds ).

4 Likes

And still no reward system … months of months later …

1 Like

You are rewarded by having the rewards taken away from you and then being asked to pay 20$ to have them back. oh and still no rewards. Why would I pay?

It’s like my ex girlfriend asking me to pay child support for her new boyfriends kid.

2 Likes

who cares the rewards you know them well im back to Arena

The least they could do is show a leaderboard. there isn’t even a way to see how well you are doing compared to other players. i enjoy the game mode but wow… no logic to the fact that there is NO reward or viewable ranking still months later.

There is a leaderboard for Battlegrounds and it has been around for many months:

1 Like

Hello everyone, i have a question (BG): after ranked dropping on start the new season i get +300 point’s for 1-4 place’s. Then i reaced 1800 point’s and after that line i get +90 points for top 1; +70 point’s for top 2; +40-45 points for top 3 and +20-30 point’s for top 4. Does it have to be like this? In the “old season” i has ca. 6800 but start was in 4000. In this season i need doppelt more game’s and times to reacead my old ranked pts. Why it is so broken?

Super late but are there any incentives yet to getting a high rating in BG?

I’ve seen countless people saying they prefer battlegrounds over ranked play, myself included. We get fun. You do know “fun” don’t you? F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all
Down here in the deep blue sea!

If you consider endlessly matching into a repetitive Game format fun without any incentive to achieve a higher rating than the other guy then sure.

Repetitive game format and yet we have standard meta decks. Hmm.

Wow yes and there’s 18 different deck slots to choose from. But if you want to compete with whoever gets the best elementals first then is that really any different than a meta ladder?