Battlegrounds and its cosmetic problem UI/UX

Let me start off by saying I understand the need for cosmetics and appreciate them. This is not a post too dissuade the devs from making more cosmetics. It is in fact a post to offer a suggestion to the UI UX team than your group to allow for more cosmetics into greatly improve the user experience. Background, I am a UIUX designer /developer. I have been playing hearthstone for many years and am generally still enjoying the game. Problem, never ending page scrolling everywhere especially mobile. Solution adding a top level categorization selection to narrow the choices of the cosmetic you want to select. This means, for example, in your emote section giving us the ability to select a general emotion. We would like to see the cosmetic options for before beginning the page flipping. By letting us select happy for instance and categorizing your emotes that appropriately display happiness we can get through the selection process much faster. Additionally, an example for the hero portrait could be ripped straight from standard play mode. Allow a page with the starting hero portraits for each hero to exist once selected show only that heroes portrait options. I think these changes would allow for more efficient selection of your cosmetics as well as the ability to chunk the cosmetics, giving the users the ability to handle more of them and not get overwhelmed. Frankly, if I have a hero portrait of a hero whose name starts in the latter half of the alphabet 50% of the time, I don’t even go to see it in my inventory because it’s exhausting flipping so many pages.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but they don’t care. They can’t even be bothered to fix glaring BUGS in the game. I don’t think there are any actual programmers working on the game anymore. I think it’s just the art team now. Any idiot can “develop” a game with the Unity engine. I don’t think Blizzard is investing any money on talented programmers for HS at least until the Microsoft situation is resolved.

1 Like

It’s been obvious the question is first “how can we make money off people?” and quality (and quality control) and are far distant second or far below.