Battleground firewall exploit

What? have you read my comment?

I don’t know why I never thought of this

yep i did

since playing certain builds and playing vs those same ones gets you less time and you only want people who play those to have less time

that means its ok for people who dont play those build to do whatever they can to get more time

you play the builds the game gives you… its not like you can afford to spend 5 turns rolling for required cards you still might never see…

You have X amount of time, do with it what you can.

early bird gets the brann. or goldgrubber. or kalecgos…whatever you want to call it.

3 Likes

Most people call it (good) LUCK. The ones defending the exploit are calling it “skill” to have a random chance of having a random minion appear

No, it is that simple, and your screaming fast PC is no excuse for cheating, even if it isn’t deliberate on your part.

We’re talking a few seconds of processing time difference, you know. You won’t notice. You will notice, however, when your fight finishes early and you have to wait for the mass token battle to finish. But that has nothing to do with your PC.

Fair competition means everyone starts at the same time.

3 Likes

Cheating, by definition, involves intent.

And apm games have always advantaged people with more stable connections and better machines. This is the way.

Not in BGs it doesn’t. Never has.

1 Like

That it hasn’t ever been fair does not make it fair.

4 Likes

The whole point of the discussion is the DELIBERATE disconnect in order to skip the visible combat phase and not a random accidental DC from Blizzards side… so PLEASE, the exploit does involve intent… hence its called EXPLOIT and not a “bug”

3 Likes

Where are you getting this information about the timer from?
An this game has a lot of overlays for different modes that give people advantages. As far as anyone knows the developers are okay with this an allowing people to use it as part of the game.

Never, because their lawyers forbid them to say something like that.

Hearthstone has never really been a fair game.

1 Like

No one said it didn’t.

You apparently missed parts of the discussion that Mand was referring to.

Some people have 28 seconds to play because their device is trash. That’s not a blizzard problem and it’s not an exploit.

That’s not what causes it and it’s not what’s being discussed.

What are you on about?

4 Likes

That’s exactly what’s being discussed.

I clearly said:

And you replied, yes, that’s what they should do. Make everyone has the same amount of time as the slowest machine/worst lag. You literally said

So maybe you should read what ur on about then, mate.

I think it would suffice to disable only Refresh (and similar effects like Temporal Tavern) for X secs, and let us buy/sell/tech as usual, though that may be tacky/unintuitive. Also, let players skip combat phase explicitly in-game rather than as an exploit, and naturally, commence as normal if all 8 players skip.

Due to the way the time system works they should add a “SKIP” button so u can manage your time without doing this, considering the game mechanics is just a basic and essencial stuff.

Instead they just treat it as if 50 people would die if they tried that.

1 Like

just check some youtube videos about the firewall exploit, some streamers like dog literally show you how to do it and the difference it makes

You can thank streamers for popularizing this exploit. Dog does it every game almost.

1 Like

Yes, for some builds in the game it is needed or else that will be even less options you will have in late game.