Barista Lynchen ( longest cry in hearthstone ? )

I just noticed it where rafaam gave me 3 of those and i kept copying them.
My ears went nuts anyone some translation ? :stuck_out_tongue:

action at 20 seconds:

Mel Lynchen(*), the barista, is a NPC in Wow’s Legion expansion version of Dalaran, it’s floating above the Shattered Isles.

On summon she shouts, according to WoWpedia,

_ Double-pump Azerano, extra star-whip, Highmountain ice, room for mana spice comin’ right up!_

• Azerano = erano is latin for “I am”, resp. “I have”(done sth.). So, “Azeroth I am”? Is she a personification of the magic city Dalaran? Spooky, but probably just a play on words with Azeroth and an italian sound.
  • extra-star whip (play on words for ladder stars a/o card review stars?)
  • Highmountain ice = Highmountain is a region of the Shattered Isles, with snowy/icy hilltops
  • Mana spice = a special Dalaran ingredient has to be magic, of course

(*) On a somewhat disturbing side note, in German “Lynchen” is the substantive “lynching”, while “lynchen” is the verb.

2 Likes

The battlecry itself is correct but the explanation is not. Remember she is a barista, i.e. she serves coffee, like someone who works at Starbucks. Her entire battlecry is a complex coffee order being repeated very fast, like one you would hear in a busy coffee shop. Breaking it down:

“Double-pump Azerano” - this is a play on Americano (using Azeroth in place of America) which is a type of diluted espresso. (Presumably using two pumps of hot water or milk.)

“Extra star-whip” - this is whipped cream; likely a sparkly magical kind, because Dalaran.

“Highmountain Ice” - Highmountain is probably known for its ice since it is such a naturally pristine area and has lots of permafrost near the peak.

“Room for mana spice” - many coffee drinks are made with a little extra space at the top - this allows the customer to add more condiments to their creation (like cream and sugar) without the whole drink overflowing. In this case she has left room for something called “mana spice,” which is probably a zesty addition akin to cinammon.

1 Like

I still believe the character is a reference to Brit television’s Bet Lynch (Coronation Street)

Yes, I was aware of that - just wanted to analyze the ingredients in accordance to WoW lore.
Thanks for your explanation, I’m not really familiar with American-style coffee shops.