Auto retired arena run showed rise of shadows pack as reward but was not added

When my pre Rise of Shadows arena run was automatically retired it showed my rewards as 25 dust and 1 rise of shadows pack, however the rise of shadows pack was not added to my account.

A Blizzard employ confirmed the 25 dust reward but said it was all he saw. I explained to him that arena never just awards 25 dust, it’s always at least 1 pack plus another reward, even at 0 wins.

The explanation for this is in the Common Issues thread (Hearthstone Common Issues)

The Arena rewards are added when the run retires, which in this case was the second that Rise of Shadows released. They are not added when you click through the rewards screen, that is just the game revealing what was already added to your account.

Yesterday I had 1 HoS pack (I didn’t buy any bundle but did win one in Tavern Brawl). When I logged in the game shows 2 packs, even though I did nothing to get an extra pack. I then went to the Arena screen to see the rewards for my retired run and saw an HoS pack - which is the 2nd pack. I did not get a 3rd.

Especially people who did preorder and hence have a lot of packs to open do not always look at the exact number of packs - they just start opening. So it is possible you already opened the pack before even going to the Arena screen…

Hmmmmm this might explain why i didn’t get a reward just now for my expired arena run (0-X hahah) when it showed the new exp. pack and 25g as a reward. I didn’t login for a couple of months, so if i understand correctly i already got a reward for this expiration earlier ??? Kinda doubtful as everything seems the same (4100 gold/13755 dust) it was before going offline for some time. I remember it being 4100 gold that’s why i say doubtful…

In that case I recommend you contact Customer Support and ask them to look into your account history. They should be able to verify what was added to and subtracted from your account during your absence.