Attn: Heathstone Developers

Enough with the neglect of your official forums already:

Where is our invite to participate, Mike? Its not even mentioned on:

You wonder why you get bombarded with negativity every time you post here? Thats the perfect example of why!

Your “charity posts” every 3 or so months are simply not good enough.

I have no problem with you guys utilsing reddit to its fullest, I do have a problem with you neglecting these forums. They serve no purpose if you, dear devs, are MIA.

Yes, I am calling you out devs, especially Dean who stated on the old forums he wanted to be more active here 'cos, paraphrased, “anything mentioned here makes its way to reddit, while the reverse is NOT true”. He hasnt even been a blip on the radar since these new forums launched. 12 total posts??? Cant even find a post from Mike…

Hell, the last dev post here was on August 19! Before that 22 May.

Thats simply unacceptable to me, and I am sure many other (regular) forumites. If you have the time to post on reddit, it takes 2 seconds longer to copy > paste here, yet you refuse to do so.

/endrant

32 Likes

Raise the ceiling!!!

3 Likes

Reddit gets heavy traffic with numbers with lots of zeros.

The most viewed threads here get 80 views and probably 40 of those are the same doing it twice.

It’s the way of the world.

“Forums” were a early 2000s thing.

Forums are still nice because they consist of the most dedicated knowledgable enthusiasts.

But the web traffic is not a feature of the forums.

And announcements need people to read those announcements.

1 Like

Last I checked, you were allowed to post things in both Reddit and the forums. It’s not like you only get one copy of an announcement.

3 Likes

Maybe they should just appoint some of the more dedicated users of the forums to do these kinds of things.
Certainly can think of a few people who i have seen active for a long time.
Maybe give em some benefits for the small trouble for keeping the forums up to date with information that can be found elsewhere.

1 Like

And we’re surprised by this because? Don’t get me wrong, I understand - Reddit has a bigger reach but I’d take any day of limitless “Game broken rng trash p2w I’m gone” topics here on the forums than the cesspool of the internet that is Reddit.

2 Likes

Ironically… this thread may get responded on reddit than here instead.

I believe alot of older caring posters has already reached (near) given up on this forum. It already does not matter how the Dev participate/neglect the forum atm.

While there can be internal problems and restrictions that may have caused this, there is no running away from personal statements from the Dev. Sadly, history has shown actions and words does not match. Thus, bear no expectations going forward.

Personally, I still visit this forum because of the community here.

Here, NOT a place for players and developers.*

(* However, I do credit the background staffs that maintains the Bugs forum, etc)

Could be the great truth. However, since some Dev has made previous personal statement on forum participation, some of the community truely believed (despite many disappointments) and actions has shown clearly.

I identify with this statement, but also disagree somewhat because if we had regular dev interaction on here I know that I’d personally be a lot more involved again. Instead, we have the same repetitive toxic nonsense all over the place and no one to actually look after the forums anymore with a Blue name, on top of the devs all but abandoning it.

Why bother much if they won’t? As far as “fan communities” go, our discord is excellent and OoC/Hearthpwn exist as more traditional forum locations with and active base of staff.

4 Likes

Like a paycheck. If someone is going to do Blizzard’s job for them, they might as well get paid for it.

They used to have someone who cared.

They fired him for no reason.

2 Likes

True.
But, bear no expectations as history has proven.

The way of interaction between devs/players has shown on multiple level beyond this forum, to it’s other functions on twitch, e-sports, Blizzcon, etc.

Gross!
Reddit is super overrated and like bland.

Gets some personality and cool-factor going on.
Lets see if we can repeatedly beg the devs to regularly talk on these forums.
Especially about real things.

Please devs can you value the forum’s opinions?

Like sometimes when I shower I use just-conditioner (holla!) to be not-meta with my shower.

Is that ok?

Like how about having redbull instead of coffee…to be not meta?

Not meta is cool, meta is not cool, and HS is ALLLLLL about meta It’s super vom!

Excuse me while I go conditioner shopping. I plan on neglecting that shampoo on the shelf as if it’s on the HSreplay tierlist.

Sometimes I like to buy Alpo dog food, canned, and shove my face it the dog food, and then I dump it on my keyboard with a Hsreplay deck. I see if my dog can properly curve out a metadeck on ladder with his tongue.

That cool devs?
Want to get a hsreplay tat w me?
WE can copy the same tattoo, like you know to pay homage to what hsreplay and youtube is all about.

Could also get a big bucket tat with Arena logos on it, to symbolize the pregroup. You know, as opposed to random.

HS is like fun for 1 month after each expansion, that’s it.
because of meta, and lack of shake up from devs.

They even have prelaunch streamer events that totally ruin the fun factor for day 1 launch! Like they are going the WRONG direction mentally, instead of preserving unpredictability and not-meta.

Devs, nobody likes hearthstone without deckbuilding, and 4 month expansions with no-wild-balance, and only 1 balance patch, and never buffing old nerfed cards, definitely does not keep the game fun.

1 Like

Sounds very reasonable paying out a forum user €2000 or something a month to post a message around every 3+ days on the forums which Blizz apparently doesn’t take to much interest in.

That ain’t gonna happen just like Blizz employees keeping the forums up to date ain’t gonna happen.
Maybe they will however give somewhat dedicated forum users reasonable rewards for work that requires very little effort yet work that they apparently don’t want to do themselves.

No worries, I have none.

Warning to the inspiring new posters, not old Mage/Wizard like you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

People still use this instead of hearthpwn?

If you work for someone, regardless of how much effort it requires, you should be remunerated for it. This is a billion dollar corporation, and there’s zero reason for people to do work for them for free. If Blizzard isn’t willing to pay for said work, then people shouldn’t be doing it for free. That’s how you end up with a culture that things “exposure” is a thing that you can pay people with.

‘‘If you work for someone, regardless of how much effort it requires, you should be remunerated for it.’’
Tell that to interns, charity workers, recreative content creators who put out content for peoples joy.

‘‘and there’s zero reason for people to do work for them for free.’’
Maybe some people want to better the forums for the forum users instead of for blizz?
Because Blizz isn’t doing something about it we should all just do nothing aswell?

‘‘If Blizzard isn’t willing to pay for said work, then people shouldn’t be doing it for free.’’
That is clearly up to a person themselves it isn’t like its a 40 hours a week job lol. Its just copy pasting a blizzard employees comments on reddit towards here credit the source and done.
Something people are already doing.

‘‘That’s how you end up with a culture that things “exposure” is a thing that you can pay people with.’’
Maybe not every job guarantees the same kind of income/experience especially such a menial job.

I believe Madmax should be referring to someone that is ‘engaged’ to perform a task of considerable commitment and professionalism. Thus, as such, then they should be paid their due.

(Personal View)I had done some part as mentioned, but feels that it is not worth the effort.

Dev site owner support:
There is no good functional support for such efforts. E.g. A simple sticky function for information (poster’s effort), player guide, etc.
Efforts gets wasted as post get pushed down, unless bumped.

Appreciation:
Previous experience with “good/positive” thread receives low participation of such threads or organised events from both forum members and Dev.
Clear and distinct treatment of forum vs other sites.

Even when we look at Dev created contents such as Tavern Talk, Designers Insight, etc, are not done at consistent intervals.

There is no clear plans for this forum and it function, where Dev’s statements are not subjected to accountability and how this forum can serve a purpose except collection of posts.
A quick reference to other Blizz forum (WOW, Overwatch, etc) and HS community can grasps a better divide among the same family.

3 Likes

This, by order of himself and all others, needs to be the biggest thread on these forums. I entirely agree, we NEED response!