Astral Automaton

Please nerf for bg’s it’s too busted. ruins every game.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wanted to see how bad it was focused purely on just Astral Automaton and that minion spirals way too quickly.

Especially with the Astral Automaton summon tinker and the fact you can put both reborn and shield on it.

I ended up dominating the whole match with 4 astral and a grease bot winning is fun and all but this is just insane.

3 Likes

Nah. They are limited. I became 1st on a game and I had only found one; there were other players looking for them; the mechs are good without it (and it doesn’t shield on its own).

…all the cards are limited. When everyone is trying to scramble to find them then yes, it doesn’t matter. But when one person gets a couple early on and then gets the trinkets that summon them, it let’s the player completely run away from the game. Just because it hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it’s not an issue.

4 Likes

I think the most annoying part is that it requires little to no decision making to pilot compared to synergies that requires risk taking, set up, and not making mistakes.

If you have a hero power synergy you just go with it. Pick a trinket that has synergy with it, add a mech rattle at the end, and in all you made 3 obvious choices entire game.

There are so many subtle mistakes you can make going for beasts, pirates or murlocs.

Right now these mechs are low risk, low brain power, high reward.

Also there are no great counters to it, the base value plays around stat reduction, and you trade decently into any board with divine shields and reborn.

1 Like

Start of combo summon a copy of your minions trinket
Astral Automaton Summon Trinket

You can walk away and do something else and come back to a 1st place. :joy:

1 Like

It really doesn’t. It’s just pick a hero that leads to more ancestral automatons like Akazamzarak, get a couple on the board, spam refresh for sources of taunt and reborn and divine shield, get kangor’s and rivendare, boom

It’s insane how much they have buffed this card over constructed. It needs its numbers reduced. It’s just a strictly superior version of Eternal Knight in every way, which feels really bad.

Lmao, “Every player in the lobby tries to take them because they’re super OP so they’re hard to get” is not an argument for why they don’t need nerfed.

1 Like

it is way too strong IMHO – every game you get the trinket quest or get this you are top 4 easy

Every lobby, even with the nerf that has mechs is determined by Automaton. Awful design, Should be tier 4.

What ruins the game is not automaton or leap frog, what ruins the game is the fact that everyone tries to play mid game chad andy only playing mid games at tier 4 milking top 4-5 and 9-15 mmr like they would like to play with top 13k mmr players…

This people are ruining the game at 6-8k mmr. What are you doing dumbasses, milking 9 mmr at 4k ? Do you think you will reach some high level with this strategy, cuz I can assure you , you won’t pass 6k after the breaks are over.

Anyone saying that picking automaton to get top 4 easy is the person I am describing above. Chad top 4 Andies that play at 3-4 mmr milking top 4, big L’s in any games vision

I like how it’s spelled ancestral but everyone calls it Astral when asked what it is off the top of their head. Glad to know it ain’t just me

1 Like

It makes sense. That old wreck doesn’t even have a shield. Of course it’s ancestral; with its elderly buddies they just stack stats; very low technology.

garbage tech for top4-5 Chad Andies farming 9 mmr like bosses at 4k mmr.