Astral automaton is even stupider than abyssal curse

congrats on out-doing the design stupidity of abyssal curses with astral automaton … and not only that … you buffed it to a 1/2 because … ???

honestly the majority of the last round of buffs/nerfs was extremely confusing in that they seemed to be trying to unbalance the game as much as possible … just, why?

2 Likes

because the card was bad and needed the buff

what exactly do you call a design stupidity in both abyssal curses and astral automaton ?

The astral is jades all over again, and that was so polarizing that they made a card to destroy them and hard counter the deck. These aren’t even working the same so there’s very little that can be done to stop them, but they aren’t powerful… yet. The point is they are going to be problematic and only people with head in sand don’t see that.

They are bad design because they are uninteractive, they penalize the opponent for playing their own cards, and they cause mana disruption to remove. Everything about their design is toxic, imo, even more so than jades or automatons

1 Like

so like firebal and any damage spell same with any batlecry minion or any card draw spell…most of the cards in this game fall under that umbrella

You said it, not me.

But sticking things into your opponent’s hand that do damage and burn cards without any chance to mitigate it is definitionally uninteractive.

You need to just stop talking to me because you’re a giant troll. Please go away.

2 Likes

about the curses depends on your deck but usually i use them to enable nagas like naga queen

keep my finley for the 4+ damage ones so is swap my hand gettingmore cards with finley and prevent the damage without spending 4 or more mana

as a priest everlasting love allows me to get rid of a curse for 0 mana so they arent completely uninteractive

i already have a thread on abyssal curses go see that as a baseline … automatons in standard might be “fine” or “bad” because they don’t have enough supporting cards to do what i’m seeing in wild … but turn 6x 10/11 on turn 5~6 is what makes them stupid if you really don’t understand … you need like an entire deck of silence/polymorph/remove from game/shuffle into a deck/perma-board-freeze effects … and there’s literally no skill involved unlike crystal core back in the day … it’s simply a matter of needing to play an entire counter deck to have a chance and it just isn’t “fun and interactive” … and it’s worse than jades because at least jades didn’t all buff every time a new one was summoned

Ah yes the insanely powerful Astral automaton, that i’ve seen once this expansion…