Are nerfs and buffs completely off base?

I’m not so sure

Take a look at Scrotie, he’s got all of the above, but he still doesn’t get it

If he played, he might have at least partly agreed, but without even playing, it’s hopeless

(by “bunny” I mean “Meta Score chart”)

2 Likes

I feel like the forums have just been infected with some zombie virus that makes your brain rot.

Lunar Eclipse?

Alternative Fact universe?

What is this?

2 Likes

I’m looking at the class/archetype distribution chart on vs, which is divided by class and includes every (recorded) deck type played by the whole class.

…which is to say I’m being generous by allowing flood pallies and other pally decks to count towards their play rate.

…and they’re still 6th or 7th.

1 Like

I lost my thread, essentially. They call it derailing for a reason. That reason is because there’s this huge shock then all progress grinds to a halt. My thread is dead, killed by the rigged mind virus.

I vowed to destroy the rigged mind virus after that.

1 Like

This entire conversation from the beginning of the OP has been about 4 top decks, 1 of which was Handbuff Paladin, which was staunchly defended as “underplayed” to the point it barely sees any play at all.

No one is talking about how often an entire class + all their decks shows up.

The fact that Handbuff Paladin is as popular as it is, proven by data, is the entire point that nullifies all the replies that have stated it doesn’t see play or rarely sees play.

I don’t know how much clearer I could have made it.

Honestly, at this point I’m starting to believe they are all just trolling. To believe that anyone is this far gone is insane.

And the same people that will deny everything I’ve presented are the same ones who will use it in another thread as proof that the thing they dislike should be nerfed.

It’s so absurd.

I have to have hope that the others reading this thread and on these forums can see the ridiculousness of it all and look at the actual data.

Actual data?

Is that you have to play more than 20 games to see Pally once (1/4.9, and I was being generous, those stats are out of date, my tracker shows 1,7% now, or over 1 in 50 games to see one)

Many people don’t play enough games to see one single Pally in course of multiple days.

The deck is strong, but completely unplayable and tilting.

As I said, stick to Battlegrounds, since you’re obviously not playing Standard, especially not in higher ranks.

I’m not sure if they are.

But I’m sure that I am. Whether they’re trolling, or just lack the basic self-awareness to know the difference between data analysis and being a slave to their own confirmation bias, I’m in no mood to reward foolishness with a serious answer.

There really is no hope. It’s looking bleak.

2 Likes

All I see is two stubborn individuals who don’t even play Standard hanging on to 10 days and 1 patch old VS stats and even then, managing to completely ignore the fact that those stats confirm that you have to play at least 20 games to ever see one on the ladder, while the situation has changed between those stats and now you have to play between 50 and 100 games to see one, and they still keep claiming the deck’s popular.

Not only that, but they will post questionable charts to “prove” their point (which is that you have to play for days to see one pally xD) while ignoring every other chart, screenshot or any other proof of a much more direct quality.

That’s what I see.

So yeah, it IS looking bleak.

1 Like

I do play standard. I’m in Legend.

2 Likes

What rank? (Feel free to ignore if you wish)

1 Like

I’m finding Standard to be generally more unfun with this expansion and the balance changes have missed the mark so far. Obviously, too soon to tell with today’s patch but playing Standard has become a chore for me. I usually get on after playing some PVE in Once Human (a much more enjoyable experience imo), play some Standard HS, and usually stop 2 or 3 games in muttering “I f***ing hate this game.” I don’t know if these changes are going to suddenly make me enjoy Standard more, but I kind of doubt it.

Unlike SOMEONE ELSE who wouldn’t tell us what their EU name was AND their rank (btw, I’m pretty sure this is because if they did, we’d find out what their original account name is and identify them based on that account), I’m currently in 18k somewhere. When I got to Legend I landed somewhere in the 10k range but admittedly accidentally. (normally when I hit Legend at end of the month I end up at like 3k-4k)

I was D5 tanking my MMR playing Amalgam DK which sucks but is super fun, and Smeet shared a BSM list to me. I played it and went like 24-4 straight to Legend and that’s when I found out how bad my MMR was.

Once I hit Legend, I continued the Amalgam DK thing. (It’s all Reno decks down here…ran into 3 Reno Rogues today! LOL) but it’s fun.

Well, I’m guessing that he got rid of that or namechanged it, because there’s an Altair at 550 Legend on the EU leaderboards, and it might be too much to handle if there were two of them.

I’m reasonably confident I know what his old name was. But I don’t give out other people’s information unless it’s public (e.g. leaderboards).

1 Like

Well, I wish him the best. But when asked, he said he was at 2k and wouldn’t give his name for some strange reason.

1 Like

I thought he’d be higher. I’ll look for the old name around that rank for lulz.

It’s kinda weird how Unsearchable the leaderboards are.

1 Like

There’s quite a few people on here with new names that would hate for others to know their old names. We know of a few that I know we’re both aware of. This wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Or just people with straight up multiple active accounts at once. Sometimes I wonder if I’m the only one who DOESN’T ban evade.

1 Like