Are Blizzard trying to kill their games before take over?

Serious question, I’ve seen Overwatch go completely south from game of the year to worst rated game on Steam.

Are they purposefully destroying Hearthstone so their game titles are going to be worthless when Microsoft finally take over?

Seems very odd that the user base for pretty much all Blizzard games is at an all time low and the feelings towards the company in general are poor.

I’ve literally never seen Blizzard so in the mud as regards it’s reputation as a company and with Diablo 4 tanking players, WoW not doing well either, Overwatch League gone….Microsoft need to come in and clean house.

2 Likes

thats some crazy conspiracy theory

odd… these theories usually explain how would blizzard profit from it

what reason did you come up with ?

4 Likes

I wonder sometimes. I do feel they could do more for this game.

Balance Patches come late. It’s buggy. Little support. Expensive bundles. Wild packs cost the same as almost a decade ago. Feels like there’s not enough care in this game. Only real care is when there’s a new expansion or mini set. Then it’s silence for a bit.

Microsoft must review the purchase price of Blizzard Car at $69 billion, a real scam especially given the state of the company and the games.

Hearthstone > worst ccg of the millennium.
Diablo 4 > trash.
Wow > game has become rubbish with lore completely massacred.
Overwatch > trash.

1 Like

All right. When it became known about the deal, I told my friend that bobby and him transfems would start saving hard on everything and withdraw the maximum amount of money from the company to their accounts.
Micro also know this, but those people who run gaming division of micro, they don’t care, they will get their dark share of the deal and will be happy.

1 Like

I think it’s probably more like Hanlon’s Razor : never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence

With a large helping of clueless business/finance/marketing chasing short term gains at the expense of long term profits

3 Likes

and once again, you manage to debunk your own debunking in the second sentence.

“Why would a company devalue their own stock?”

HMMMM, I wonder…

And after enron and later the crash of 2008, the scummy mega corp rule applies: never attribute to incompetence that which can easily be seen as someone high up cashing in at the expense of others.

With the way Hearthstone is unbearable, any modification from Microsoft will be welcome in the community! Fire these scoundrels!!

i thought stuff like that is the reason companies get delisted months before an adquisition

ithought something about it came up on athread but i cant remember where

Most people like all the games just fine.
A loud minority makes you think otherwise.

This tired line that the company game up with years ago is a thin coat of whitewash over a crumbling building. The fact they are flooding the game with their own bots to try and hide the fact they have driven so many of their own players away proves the other more recent propaganda line “BESTEST THE GAME HAS EVAR BEEN!” equally and more comically false.

It’s because the Microsoft deal and OP is right

1 Like