Are Actual Players even playing Hearthstone anymore?

Actually their last reported number were…

• Q2/2022: Hearthstone grew year-on-year, Blizzard revenues $401 million, Blizzard monthly active users 27 million.

Q1 of 2022 was their lowest active player count. The only quarter where it had ever dipped below 24 Million. Q1 of 2022 and Q4 of 2021 were the lowest active player count reported for Hearthstone.

• Q1/2022: Hearthstone not mentioned, Blizzard revenues $274 million, Blizzard monthly active users 22 million

However, it is actually more likely that this is Blizzard as a whole covering all the blizzard games and not any individual unit within Blizzard. However, in any event. However, this cover titles such as d3, hearthstone, Starcraft, wow. Call of Duty is separate from the Blizzard titles in their reporting.

I do, especially if they have specific naming conventions OR the selection of attacks is very exact and slow. By that I mean I can literally time it down to the second when the next minion will be picked and an attack made. Oh and if you’;ve ever seen an opponent highlight their card, portrait and hero power constantly, while not actually playing a card until the absolute last second. You know what I mean. There is no missed highlight.

Not that it actually matters, but it makes me feel better anyway.

If you understood how the system works – You get 5 stars every win and do not not go to 1 star win after that loss.

Bots are players in some cases but a LOT are Blizzard bots so yell at them. (I agree they ruin the game).

topic:106190"]
Actually their last reported number were…

1). 22 million does not equal 25 million.

2). Actually a number of “Blizzard” active users DOES NOT equate to the number of “Hearthstone” active users. So again, the last time that I am aware an official breakdown for the actual number of active “Hearthstone” players being released was from 2020.

3). As I pointed out, a significant number of players have multiple accounts, which significantly reduces the actual number of players, since by just logging into alternate accounts, such players get counted as additional players.

4). The end of the NetEase agreement resulted in a huge loss of players back in January.

So when Erikk responded to your question “does 25 million active average monthly players count” by saying “HS doesnt have that many players,” he was correct.

While Blizzard may have kept revenue up last year by increasing offers and ways for players to spend more money on the Hearthstone (despite the loss of players), and by significantly reducing employee costs, Hearthstone is hemorrhaging players in 2023.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/blizzard-has-lost-nearly-half-its-monthly-active-users-in-four-years-3016739

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-blizzard-loses-60-million-monthly-active-users-in-past-year/1100-6502758/

In regards to the OP’s reaction to encountering more bots than players on the Ladder, I can confirm a similar experience in the lower brackets when I played in that range across nine different collections while I had a cumulative win streak across these collections of around 100 games without a loss, because the majority of my games were against player-bots and in-game bots.

Lmao if that was the case we wont have bots in any mode but in single player, if you were playing back in the beginning you’ll know not to say nonsense like that. Theres stark differences from when there were actually 25 million active players that every single match up was against a another human player versus to 30 - 40% of your matches being against bot regardless of rank.

Put down the blizzard mic