Arcane spell hunter

Damn QHunter is looking nuts. Perhaps preemptively nerf it to “HP cost 1”? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hunter has better removal then Paladin, why does Paladin only get rush on Legendaries and weird minions with massive downsides like Drake, Sword of Wrynn, etc.

Mostly because they have hard removal with equality and Hunter doesn’t. (Well not yet, it looks like it’s getting a little in the new set)

But Hunter has the kind of removal Paladin WISHES it had. High tempo removal. The ability to play for board while impacting it. But the reason Paladin doesn’t have that is because of Divine Shield. Paladin has the stickiest minions.

I feel like Divine Shield is waaay overrated by this board. There’s just too many efficient effects that ping them off or just bypass them all together now. The end result is Paladin cards pay a premium for an effect that has way too much counterplay, compared to how other classes just get to play Rush on everything, or remove/freeze anything easily.

Like look at how many Divine Shield related cards were added by bringing back Knights, and notice carefully how any decent Paladin decks ZERO cards from that set.

The Divine Shield cards in Knights of the Frozen Throne were bad when the set came out. But they’re bad partly because… Divine Shield is a really strong mechanic.

The bias is real :joy:

ricochet becomes 4x1 damage with spelldamage or 3x2 damage?

Arrow seems good but the other cards i am not sure are good enough to be playable.

1 Like

by logic, since the card says “deal 1 damage to three enemies”, I guess the text would change to “deal 2 damage to three enemies”.

Arcane missiles for example says “deal 3 damage to enemies”, which changes to “deal 4”

same for me; the 1 mana spell may be good with the “your spells are poisonous this turn”, but hunter isn’t famous for playing the control game, so I don’t think it will be played in this way, but aggressively

1 Like

Scary things about this package

The tutor is spell from your own deck. So you can control how consistent it is. And since discover gives you 3 choices, you might still be able to fit in non-arcane good spells without screwing your consistency that much.

The pool includes summon spell. That gives the package more versatility, and rush is a very good keyword on a good stat minion. And this minion start getting good stat with 1 spell damage, which shouldn’t be hard to achieve with non-crappy luck.

Pool also includes a draw spell. Yeah you can’t use the draw before turn 6 but that’s only a problem if hunter is somehow forced to use it up early. Once past that, this card is crazy in almost any deck, since draw is draw and even at base damage it’s powercreeping any other draw card at that cost.

The package minimally interferes with the current big beast/harpoon package. Meanwhile the rush still has beast synergy. The full package might not mesh 100% with quest hunter, but a subset (the spells) fit perfectly fine, especially the aforemented draw.

Hunter looks to just continue their trend of having a whole deck of good cards that get better when synergy kicks in.

It depends on how ricochet will work i guess. For example,if opponent has no minions will it then hit face 3 times? You would asume so but somehow i am not entirely sure.

If it could go face 3 times and if the spelldamage works on the damage done and not the amount of targets,then maybe the whole package could be worth it/pretty good.
It is , potentially , A LOT of face damage for 1 mana.

You’re joking? Hunter has more removal than any other class with their spells, almost all of which can also go face. The hunter’s quest revolves around it. The 40 card hunter quest deck is all removal :rofl:

1 Like

No, it will hit each enemy a maximum of once, even if there are fewer than 2 minions.

1 Like

No I am not joking; I play hunter a lot and it has no safe removals unlike paladin.

What can you do against a turn 6 infused rafaam without using minions with rush?

Minions with Charge? :pleading_face:

The same thing any other class without AoE hard removal does? What kind of question is that. If you want to clear boards, play priest.

So you are confirming hunter has no removals, unlike paladin, so rush minions are the alternative; hence why paladin doesn’t need rush on everything.

Druid also has no removals but relies on small minions with rusb

What the hell can Paladin do outside of a specific two card combo in that situation

2 Likes

Ok I give up, hunter is a better control class than paladin, with more removals and more AoE.
They should stop giving hunter minions with rush so the class can focus more on what it was always meant to be: ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ control the board with spells

Bro, spell damage IS removal.

What do you consider removal? Stuff like “clean the scene”? Then only Warlocks and Priests have removal.

1 Like

I think you’re changing the goal posts there

You originally said - and that’s what Ladydub quoted - that hunters lack removals. That’s not the same as whether hunter is better at control (compared to paladin)

Removals is just one aspect of a control class. Stuff like long term win conditions, value generation, card draw, heals/armor, disruption/disruption protection, etc are also factors.

Hunter isn’t known to be a control class, but it’s not due to lack of removals. Hunters actually have quite a few removal spells, but they also lack quite a bit in other areas to make control work for them.

Whereas paladins is the opposite. They’re usually a better control class, but not because they have an abundance of removals. Paladin got things in other areas going for them that lends to control.

1 Like