Anyone play with the new Earthen Paladin deck?

Ran into this deck 3 times today!

First one I didn’t know why I was seeing an old deck and killed them pretty fast.

But the next 2 games it was all clear. They play the tourist and then run the Rogue cards to recast their last non-Rogue cards which ends up being the Tyr’s Tears and whoa baby did this thing hit. They must have resurrected their board like 10 times. The Earthen was up to 30/30 it was THAT many times.

This seems like a super fun deck to play but I’m sort of mid-diamond and don’t want to try it if it’s not very good.

Anyone having success with it? I’m eager to give it a go with my own twist.

EDIT: Ok, so I broke down and crafted a version. This thing is so fun, the amount of stats this spits out is ridiculous. Use the Rogue minion to double up on Tyr’s Tears and use Tidepool Pupil to cast it again and again. Hilarious.

A control warrior Odyn couldn’t even deal with the boards this thing spit out.

Here’s my version so far.

Deck List

Tyr’s Tears = Your Tears

Class: Paladin

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

2x (1) Divine Brew

2x (1) Miracle Salesman

2x (1) Righteous Protector

2x (1) Tidepool Pupil

2x (2) Gold Panner

2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing

2x (3) Deputization Aura

1x (3) Photographer Fizzle

2x (3) Sea Shill

2x (4) Conniving Conman

2x (4) Stoneheart King

2x (5) Disciple of Amitus

2x (5) Keeper’s Strength

1x (5) Sunsapper Lynessa

2x (5) Tyr’s Tears

1x (6) Tyr

1x (7) Amitus, the Peacekeeper

AAECAZ/WBgSs0QWL/gWN/gXSuQYNyaAE7ukFiv4FwoIGhY4G444GvI8GjpUGzpwGwr4Gwb8G7ckG78kGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

4 Likes

Yeah, went like 1-1 against it, got worried for a while, both times it had a similar highroll but once it was enough to overwhelm me, the other time it wasn’t because I rolled a 3 mana deal 6 to all from symphony

It’s pretty highrolly, lol

Earthen into Tyr can summon a 4/5 + 4/5 + 4/4 + 8/8 for 6 mana (or even worse if you didn’t have an answer right away)

I already counted it in the other thread when I said Pally has 3 decks in top legend, not 2

We’ll see how it develops

first game i summoned 14/14’s and healed back to full

i vsed a blood dk

No but I know paladin. It’s one of the most complex decks that have existed for the class for years. I.e. don’t expect quick wins with it if you don’t have experience on it.

2 Likes

its a weird one
i like it

I don’t see it having much success in the stats of the highest ranks. It’s possible that people don’t know how to play it perfectly, but it might be also that other decks are just better.

it will be fun in bronze for me

The main issue it has is consistency. Whenever I try a deck like this I’ll just draw all of my rez cards without a single earthen generator until waaaay too late. And the whole time I’ll just be sitting there like: oh man, I’d be having so many stats on board if only I drew one of those…

I wasn’t a huge fan of the version of it that I first saw though. It was focused on trying to get lynessa value as a secondary thing to the Earthen, which didn’t really seem to do much.

For your list, I’d recommend getting a horn of the windlord in there. Lynessa + divine brews on your face after that is equipped is a ton of burst damage.

1 Like

im messing with how the deck is meant to be played, i am right now replaying crafters aura

wait a minute, if i can do that…

then cant i… dear god, what have they done

Yeah but as with many good ideas in this game, they are often expensive/slow compared to other netdecks.

But you never know: the deck hasn’t been developed much so it has a chance to be OP if it’s improved.

double crafters aura is fun, it also helps with the slow build up sometimes

Sounds fun but I rather stick to my deck yet near Legend. Maybe I will experiment with it a little after that. Earthern Paladin had two big disadvantages thats why I never played it… no defense… and beeing too slow. In my opinion there were only 1 thing missing from that strategy always which could make it success… Taunt… for the Golems or the functional minions which are creating them.

Its pretty bad played a simular one a expansion or so back and it was too highrolly and inconsistant for me. Its early game was weak too.

i am not having fun with it all, its way too slow

1 Like

No one knows we had the bestest homebrew decks…

i found a interesting minion to help with how slow the deck is
Rare · Minion · Perils in Paradise · Taunt Battlecry: If you

also i didnt like fizzle, so i
Legendary · Minion · Perils in Paradise · Battlecry: Get a 2-Cost Cheese that summons three 1-Cost minions. It upgrades each turn.

the cheese plus sunsapper lynessa to fill the board

heres what i did

Custom Paladin

Class: Paladin

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

1x (1) Divine Brew

2x (1) Righteous Protector

1x (1) Scarab Keychain

2x (2) Gold Panner

2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing

2x (3) Bumbling Bellhop

2x (3) Deputization Aura

1x (3) Gorgonzormu

2x (3) Holy Cowboy

2x (3) Sea Shill

2x (4) Conniving Conman

2x (4) Stoneheart King

2x (5) Disciple of Amitus

2x (5) Keeper’s Strength

1x (5) Sunsapper Lynessa

2x (5) Tyr’s Tears

2x (7) Crafter’s Aura

AAECAamaBgTLnwbSuQbBvwa6zgYNyaAE7ukFiv4FwoIGlo4G444GvI8GjpUGzpwGzakGhL8G7ckG78kGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Exactly what happened my first game. Zero class minions, all four rogue cards and both Tyr’s Tears, and Tyr.

Second and third games I got the end of turn earthen card on 4 or 5, and absolutle crushed it.

It isn’t a new deck?

It’s not a new deck, but it’s newly empowered by the rogue 4 drop buff replaying your last non-rogue card.

1 Like

Why not, are they running the exact 30 cards they were running before PIP launched, if not then it would be a “New Earthen Paladin” deck

He never once stated it was a new archtype