Any recent deck for Frozen Throne?

I’m curious if any of you have played solo adventure versus Litch King lately. So far I have managed to win only with Hunter and Priest, and this expansion has appeared that card that destroy all enemy armor, which could be very useful.
Could you help me with a new deck for this?

2 Likes

there’s a bug with kobold stickyfinger, if you steal his weapon he should stop doing anything, the ghosts will still attack but if you kill them I’m pretty sure he won’t be able to play anything after that. he’s still immune though so use Mechathun to finish him off. unfortunately I haven’t been able to pull off this combo since I don’t know how to make mechathun decks.

That’s intresting, I don’t have mechathun though.

oh right, sometimes I forget there are people who don’t have enough dust to buy random legendaries. I have about 11k thanks to all the preorders I make.

maybe try a mogu cultist deck. highkeeper Ra can insta clear basically any board he can make, but watch out for that card that kills a minion and deals damage to the person killing it because he often uses it on big things. I suggest either using a faceless manipulator to make a copy of it or use a wee spellstopper to give Ra immunity to spells and hero power. the lich king doesn’t have a way to clear a 20/20 without spells I think. this deck works best in rogue. I suggest teching in either Myra’s unstable element or jungle hunter hemmet to clear out your deck a bit before shuffling in the copies of mogu so you draw them faster and more consistently. but make sure you have a witchwood piper to draw them out first so they aren’t destroyed in the deck purge.

so was my suggestion helpful? just curious if you were able to finally beat him. I recently had an idea involving high priest Thekal and giving a blackguard lifesteal to essentially otk him.

Ways I managed to beat him were with mechathun for pretty much any class I didnt beat before boomsday, except mage… mage just find a deck online and hope it works after 20 attempts if not find a new deck… mage vs lich king was the worst, a lot of sanity lost

I don’t try yet
If you have any idea, let me know

I am working on this as well… No luck… I get stomped with everything I play.

yeah the kabal lackey manabind combo is annoying to setup but it’s the easiest win if you get the right hand. throw in a platebreaker to get rid of his armor and he’s killable with your hero power.

so far paladin has been impossible for me. I’ll be switching to the other classes to see if I have more luck, I’ve only won with 4 classes so far.

Total new guy here. How do i set up that combo?

you mean the mage combo? basically you mulligan your cards to get Kabal lackey and mana bind in your opening hand, he plays the spell that sets you to 1hp then you copy it. if you don’t get exactly those 2 cards in your hand just restart until you do. it’s tedious but effective.

I have played since witchwood and I beat the lich king with 8 classes with mechatun (paladin is the only exeption: undtakah-abomination infinite combo)

I am so new at this… All these combos and i have no idea how to do them…

I beat the Lich King with most classes using the SN1P-SN4P combo, but unfortunately it has been nerfed. So, heres what I’ve got now. (Btw, every strategy here will be range from somewhat cheesy to extreme cheese, so be ready)

Rogue: Big Rogue or Pogo Hopper + Lab Recruiter (Fill the rest of the deck with spells)

Druid: Jades

Shaman: Shudderwock Shaman but also with Eggs

Paladin: Eggs and Buffs for your eggs. Fill the Lich King’s board with 0 Attack minions (Will require a lot of patience, but you’ll win eventually)

Warrior: Use Dead Man’s Hand to fatigue him while he’s in Frostmourne mode. (You need to kill off all but one of his souls AND use Coldlights, but it’s possible)

Warlock: Mecha’Thun

Mage: Question whether sacrificing your sanity for the Arthas hero portrait is really worth it.

1 Like

suggestion: there is a minion 4 mana, 4/10 taunt that gets back in the deck at the end of the turn. The first time you play it, the lich king will pass the turn without trading him. this may allow you to survive one more turn and trade some souls (sometimes it may not work, but it usually works)

Assuming your collection is on the small side, here is a list of budget decks that are none of them super strong but that all have a potential to at least high roll a win against the Lich King if you follow the instructions for each deck. The list is two years old, so do consider each a starting point and look at the newer cards you do have to see if you think they’ll improve a deck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6w4koa/im_the_guy_who_did_the_basicfree_to_play/

I beat it with the Rouge and Mage so far. I do not have enough dust to get all the Jade i need. Thank you for all the advice so far.

the only jade card you need for druid is jade idol. if you have the new druid quest just complete it and use gadgetzan auctioneer to draw tons of jades.