Antisemitism rampant on this forum?

Anyone got any rational explanation why something like this has been up for so long, apart from that moderation is non-existent, and the lot of you haven’t even bothered or deigned to flag it?

One post doesn’t equal rampant.

I find it ironic that one of the people who trolls, harasses, and violates coc against others frequently for the company with impunity suddenly is concerned about hate speech and coc violations.

The fact that you are on record here as a genocide denier, going so far as to call it part of some

and how

it was…you’re throwing stones from a pretty big glass house here.

But considering the mods leave up pro company posters hate speech and your genocide denial, you act surprised about the…I guess triple standard here.

Stay classy, pro company posters, mods, team 5, actiblizz, and microsoft!

2 Likes

Why is it anyone can attack Blacks, Asians, Muslims, Christians and it is ok but god forbid anyone attacking a Jew.

Seriously get over it not that big of a deal, and I have seen a WHOLE lot worse stay up on these forums.

Especially from pro company posters.

And don’t get me started on coc violations from actual employees!

1 Like

Sylvanas did nothing wrong. :slight_smile:

when i read the number 21 i thought the link would take me to alist of 21 posts like it…it was just that 1

No, it’s not, quite obviously.

Just because something is doesn’t mean it is right — Hume’s law, more or less.

It’s the number of clicks, apparently.

Oh the irony!

SnarkyElf is the kind of person who enjoys pointing out antisemitism, while being someone who likes to perpetuate the Jewish holocaust as a lie or a conspiracy theory, which usually is one of the best indicators that someone is either antisemitic or stupid.

I am not young, and I have worked with holocaust survivors who had the numbered tats, documenting their history of being in a German concentration camp, and so I have been exposed to first hand accounts of such atrocities.

I live in Michigan, where there is one of the best museums that is dedicated to preserving facts about the holocaust—it’s called The Holocaust Memorial Center in Farmington Hills.

I think Snarky gets a perverse enjoyment from being vocal about topics that he is wrong about. :wink:

1 Like

I suggest you review the definition of the word rampant.

Very well, if you wish.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/rampant

1. unrestrained or violent in behaviour, desire, opinions, etc
  2. growing or developing unchecked

And what part of it you don’t like?

Dude, the link you provided does not take you to either of your two hand-picked definitions, but rather it takes you to following common usage and definition of rampant:

“Rampant:

ADJECTIVE

If you describe something bad, such as a crime or disease, as rampant, you mean that it is very common and is increasing in an uncontrolled way.”

I love how you have a habit of building your own case against yourself. Providing a single example does not demonstrate that something is “rampant.”

2 Likes

Okay, so you;ve taken issue with the use of a single word in their post. Fair, but not really the heart of the issue that is being brought up. I would agree it isnt happening in a numerically rampant manner, however any time, even once, is too many to be found acceptable. Also bringing in the old trope of “These other bad things that happen are okay so this bad thing should be okay” is just the most flawed of logic one can try to use. No, those bad things are not okay, just as this bad thing isnt. If you find yourself thinking they are, perhaps you are part of the greater problem and not part of any of its solution.

I know a certain unaltered clone will try to undercut every other half sentence of mine. But the overall point I, and the OP, are bringing up, is here’s a wrong thing happening here. Can we reign this in before this place becomes a place where its seen as okay?

While we can’t all be super soldier keyboard warriors, just a few of us can reflect upon what is right and what is wrong in this specific instance, and come to the obvious answer.

Or tear everyone apart and ignore the original impetus of the OP’s post and get sidetracked by agendas and definitions of singular words.

I dont think its that hard to recognize something as “yeah this is a bad thing going on” over “hey that word you used, i dont think it means what you think it means.” Just sayin.

1 Like

Ehh, I had to look hard to find that one post indeed one word.

Would it better if he had used goy or gentile?

Perhaps you are overly sensitive? its like saying if people ask about your African hair style they are racist. Then wondering why a entire school of 6-8 years olds is racist.

It isnt overly sensitive to see a slur being used.

Would it have been acceptable to have used the N word instead? How about the F slur? Or any other group descriptor used in such a negative connotation? If you think it would have been, then there’s no reasoning with you. I wouldnt find it be okay to use any slur of any group. As it is already against the coc that governs these forums, and also the general good character of each person to recognize and call out to the community the seemingly laid back acceptance of it.

One slur, even used once, is one times too many to be acceptable. It isnt being sensitive, its about having standards and principles of character. Using that slur shows a severe lack of both. The community accepting it’s use also shows a lack of both.

1 Like

I have no context to judge how much of a slur that particular word is. But his own culture has a word for it “goy” as for the F slur, I don’t know which word in particular you mean but I what I suspect it is, I am Australian I would hear it a 100 times a day. Unless you mean “French” as I understand that is now a slur in America.

1 Like

You are basically trying to formulate the aforementioned Hume’s law with your own words, colloquially. Well, at least I’m glad that you feel that way, because that is correct, according to a broad consensus regarding this ethical issue.

Can’t argue with that.

One more thing. I’d actually like to believe that in the problematic post linked above, the author fell victim to some kind of overzealous spellchecker: notice how ‘mercs’ became some French-sounding ‘merci’ there, and ‘Galaclones’, for example, are not unheard of on this forum; maybe they actually meant to say ‘new’, but it turned out… unfortunate. If that were the case, they could just edit the post, rectify this misunderstanding, and that would settle the matter — remains to be seen whether that’d be the case. However, the reaction of the community in general to this incident is troubling, meaning that concerns were raised rightly.

PS Alright, since things one would think obvious turn out to be obvious not for everyone, I guess I’ll have to explain even that in detail.

True enough, as said. However, there’s not only the incident that happened, but also the reaction, or rather lack thereof, from the community in the first place, almost as per the so-called bystander effect, as well as all but implicit advocacy of unacceptable phenomena right in this topic. You’ve got trolls, you’ve got… persons with alternative logic in their head, producing incoherent word salad, as is their wont, you’ve got off-topic digressions, you’ve got someone committing the fallacy against Hume’s law (well, at least that’s just a logical mistake — errare humanum est and all that, you know)… and you’ve got just one participant acknowledging some rather obvious problems here.

Maybe a good number of the people who decided to show up SHOULD, considering their history of trolling for the company and violating coc, up to and including actual hate speech.

except when, you know…pro company posters do just that.

No one has to take my word for it: take a stroll around the forums, and see what these people suddenly oh so concerned about this instance have done themselves, and the mods and this company have left up.

“pro company posters and their frequent use of hate speech themselves” is what you were going for.

Like the irony you being a genocide denier and concern trolling (along with the other pro company posters with their track record joined in) about this.

Let’s see you admit to all those genocides being real first before you start going on about hate speech.

Stay classy, pro company posters, mods, team 5, actiblizz, and microsoft!

To many people cry over little things. Grow thicker skin if you can’t handle small talk.

Like ethnical, national, racial etc hatred?

Are you sure you’re not confusing a ‘thick skin’ with just being… dense?

This isn’t my first forum; that one was a Free Speech Zone.
There was no site moderation, & no Code of Conduct, so it took me a while to get used to this children’s version.

Edit: I don’t really like it, it stifles speech.

You’re getting hysterical over one instance of someone using the word nonjew.

Is a Jew allowed to use the word goyim, here?