Anime themed cards

Hearthstone needs more cards that give anime vibes, even cards based on real anime characters. Toki and brightwing do give anime vibes, but we need more of this sorta cards. Even better we need some of these cards to be good to see them more often.
What do you guys think

10 Likes

im still disappointed about spellward jeweler flavour text not referencing the thundercats !!

2 Likes

Absolutely 100% no no no no

19 Likes

Anime was a mistake.

6 Likes

Anime Culture is one of the most cringey artforms, deteriorated by its glorification of hypersexualized females (especially those of younger age), homogenization of artstyle (AKA everyone has purple hair, big and sparkly eyes, and giant swords), and the following of fans who think they are ninjas.

Let’s not infest this game with any of that, please and thank you.

8 Likes

You are a mistake :rage:

Also who ever thinks anime is just cringy oversexualization is just prejudiced because anime very often has deep plots, well written characters, great action and is just very entertaining in many ways

6 Likes
  1. look at posters for Hollywood films
  2. If true, then cartoons look all cartoony, I mean the same, and there is no variance
  3. Mature anime films do exist, not the mainstream, but it doesn’t have to

I can understand though that anime doesn’t have much to do with the wow theme in general.

1 Like

Honestly, if anime style is your thing, why not play Shadowverse?

There’s no point for Blizzard to cater to that target audience when a very similar game already does it x1000.

6 Likes

Anime the artform is a style of animation originating in Japan. Anime include anything from big films from Hayao Miyazaki to the Japanese equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons for kids (some of which made it to the west and made it big, from Sailor Moon to Yugioh to DBZ etc) to… yes, stuff full of fan service.

That is separate from anime culture, which is something formed by people and communities who follow anime. Depending on the community and what anime they follow, you can have many different cultures and subcultures.

If you think the anime cultures in your country are mostly focused on smut, I think that says more about the people in your country’s culture than Anime.

It’s also worth noting that anime is also a capitalist for profit industry, and a large part of its rise in the last decade or two is that the west started to lap it up (thanks to the Internet making it easier to access). If smut is all your western country/countrymen imports from Japan, that says more about your people and your culture than Japan’s. In actual Japan and other countries (like their Asian neighbors, who are more socially conservative), things other than smut get to sell and survive.

TLRD: don’t blame anime that your western weaboos are so obsessed with sex.

7 Likes

Its a meme bro, chill.

1 Like

I’ve had my share of Gundam, Yu-Gi-Oh, and DBZ the first decade of my life, and as a kid I found it greatly entertaining. But to elevate the genre as a whole with those characteristics is a joke. I can count the number of “thicker than paper” plot line Animes on one hand, with Naruto and Avatar, the Last Air Bender probably being the only ones worth their salt.

Everything else is literally characterized by the generic oversexualization or obsession of animal ears and heavy weapons that you guys seem to deny.

There’s more depth and variety to Disney Animation, and that’s saying something.

1 Like

We already have Shu’ma with tentacle hent

5 Likes

If you can’t see there’s a lot more than That in anime just admit you have limited understanding of what you watch or very limited experience watching anime and don’t blame one of the greatest artforms ever because of your lack of understanding

1 Like

LOL wow. So basic.

Buddy, you’re like the guy who thinks he knows all there is to Batman… when all you’ve watched is 1960’s Adam West.

5 Likes

There is enough there is Murlocs which are kind of like anime fish people.

If we ever get an attractive Murloc, maybe one that looks more like those Naga sirens… Then you’ll be right.

Anyway, what sense would it make to have Anime theming in a WoW themed game?

2 Likes

Add a Spell Card Za Warudo. Pause the Game for 10 seconds.

1 Like

We do have Murlgleton. Its kind of like the pretty boy version of Murloc. We just dont have any Murloc females in schoolgirl uniforms.

2 Likes

What about anime revamped Succubus:O?

3 Likes

How about ‘Magna’ themed cards?