Andriod Devices no longer compatible after 23.0 patch [Main]

The play store now shows a message stating that both of the mobile devices i have been using to play for years are no longer compatible after the 23.0 patch. My phone is a moto g6 with 3gb of Ram and is currently on Android Version 9. My lenovo tablet is on android version 8.1.0 and has 2gb of RAM. I see no mention of updated specs in the patch notes and the current Minimum Specs page looks to be unchanged with the mimimums still being 2gb of RAM and Andriod 7 or later. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/28991

Please advise what any new mobile specs are for Android or if this is a temporary issue?

11 Likes

Also faced this issue. My tablet working on Android 8.1 with 3gb ram as well as my phone working on Android 7.1.2 with 2gb ram are no longer supported for some reason.

Update: maybe it has something to do with the hardware. Updated my phone to Android 11 and the issue remains. If I had to guess then I would say hearthstone is now require OpenGL ES 3.1+ to work. Gwent has the exact same requirement that cannot be bypassed in any way.

2 Likes

I assume this is temporary and we’re getting a new message this time instead of not getting any message when we usually face a delay in being able to download this but if android devices aren’t compatible anymore that would be terrible. This affects my netbook, not just my phone.

1 Like

I hope its temporary too. If it’s not I would like to know the new requirements.

It’s not even in the play store on my new tablet.

4 Likes

Not even in the store anymore,Same here

2 Likes

I have the same issue, but my phone is samsung j4 plus.
Update: I tried uninstalling and then installing from galaxy store. It didnt work, but there is no error message, the game tries to download stuff but it doesnt gobeyond 0%

2 Likes

Was there a change to the system requirements? Any answers at all about whats going on? Game ran fine on my phone before…

1 Like

I have been scouring the web but not finding anything mentioning a change?

1 Like

Nothing. Anywhere. I think our best option is to go ask on Reddit what Android devices are working, because I think the previous poster was right about the hardware requirements changing.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Said my android was no longer compatible and the app isnt available in the appstore. But I checked the wow site for hearthstone app requirements and my phone exceeds all of them.

2 Likes

Howdy!

We are seeing a spike in reports from mostly Chromebook users receiving an error from the Google Play Store that they are no longer using a supported device. since patch 23.0 We are currently investigating this issue. If you would like to help with this investigation posting the model of your device in this thread would be helpful.

We will update this thread as soon as possible once our developers have investigated the source and get back to us with an update.

Thank you.

6 Likes

I have a Samsung netbook that uses a Chrome OS, so I suppose that’s the issue.

1 Like

Ok so I followed the advice given from my support ticket response and

1. Shutdown my phone for >3mins.
  2. Cycled my internet network while the phone was shut down.
  3. Cleared the Google Play store app data and cache.
    None of these resolved the issue.
    My phone is a Samsung J6 plus and it’s using Samsung internet (Chrome is also installed in my apps).
1 Like

So here are my devices that are no longer supported since patch 23.0:

1. Samsung galaxy S4 active (Lineage OS with Android 7.1.2 or 11.0, it doesn’t matter)
  2. Sony tablet z2 LTE (Lineage OS with Android 8.1).

But everything is working fine on these devices:

1. Poco F3 8/256 (custom MIUI 13 with Android 12)
  2. Xiaomi Redmi note 9 M2003J15SG (official MIUI 12 with Android 10)
  3. Xiaomi Redmi note 5 (official MIUI 11 with Android 9)
  4. Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro (Custom ROM based on Android 9)

And this error doesn’t depend on the download source. It exists in Google play store, Amazon app store and Samsung galaxy store.

4 Likes

I have a phone and a tablet.
The phone is a Motorola g(6) play currently on android version 9
And a tablet: Lenovo Tab 4 (model T-x304f) currently on android 8.1.0

1 Like

It won’t update through the Amazon Appstore either. Also even though under “Details and Permissions” it says version 23.0.135540, when I try to reinstall it installs the previous version 22.6.

1 Like

My phone is an Android 8.0, 2GB RAM and i face the same issue. My father has an Android 11.0 and the Hearthstone app shows on Google play

2 Likes

Same with a Huawei P30 EMUI 11
Android 10
RAM 6GB
Kirin 980

since the last update, Hearthstone is shown as not compatible

3 Likes

Similar problems… couldn’t open until updated, couldn’t update…
I uninstalled, and can no longer even attempt to download the Android/Google Play version of the Hearthstone app.
Considering how I used it as a means of replacing Mtg Friday Night’s, because of Covid… I’m not exactly pleased with this turn of events.

2 Likes

One week and still not able to install to either device.

4 Likes