And now I'm done with battlegrounds again for months

Got my quest reward track done, 6k MMR as usual, and now I cannot place better than 4th because there’s always that one guy in every lobby who gets everything you’d want, and you can’t get crap regardless how you play, so I guess the season is over for me. Extremely lame that there is a could be fun mode, but the way it’s arranged it loses it’s luster once you get to your limit and have the quest track done. Half of the season is worthless to play.

You’re at the last safety plateau for MMR, and 6k is filled with players much different than those ~4-5k. Just keep playing, learn from your mistakes, what others are doing etc. and get better at the game. You’ll start gaining ranks again.

Or, right now, you can just go Beasts/Undead/Mid-range for an almost guaranteed top 4 as they require little to no thought to play.

What the “last safety plateau” means as far as system design is concerned is: this is the last point that can be brute forced by pure raw play time without actually requiring skill. If someone has a BGs rating of 6000-6200 I have no idea how good they are, they could be above average or they could be a complete fool who just plays a lot, it means nothing.

Right

My point is you can learn from your losses without much more than the loss itself

And to your point, yes, a lot of different skill levels here