Anchored Totem Buffing Big Tokens

I was going to post this in bug report but when i saw another post just like mine i decided to post it here. https://imgur.com/gallery/vjI0Ybk as you can see here Anchored Totem buffs a minion that costs 3 mana. Then I searched it up I found out that those tokens like Die-Hard Fan from Screaming Banshee and Popstar from Harmonic Pop cost 1 mana. It doesn’t make any sense. As well as Die-Hard Fan’s stats it’s mana cost also increases. For example : If I heal for 5 (Banshee on board) I summon a 5/5 which costs 5 mana. Anchored Totem shouldn’t buff that. I don’t know what you guys might think but for me it feels so wrong. When the token jumps back to our hand, it’s not 1 mana. There are many examples of such tokens, like jades golems, fleeting spirits of Demon Hunter and Dark Alley Pact. If it’s 1 mana why not show it that way when we hover it? If it’s 1 mana, it should show it that way and it should also cost 1 mana (regardless of stats) when it bounces to hand. Either way I don’t think Anchored Totem should be buffing tokens like that. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Anchored Totem buffes minions according to their current mana costs. That’s why you can use the Anchored Totem to buff minions like Gigantotem which is a 10 mana minion.

Using mana discounts this way is part of the strategy.

As it should be. Gigantotem can be reduced to 1 mana. And when played for 1 mana it should be buffed as expected. What I’m talking about is totally different.

If we play Gigantotem when it costs 5 mana for example, it won’t be buffed. And I don’t think any other token should be buffed by Anchored Totem when it’s bigger than 1/1. Since they go like 1 mana 1/1, 2 mana 2/2, 3 mana 3/3 etc. Only instance Anchored Totem should be buffing Die-Hard Fan is if you heal for 1 and summon a 1/1 Die-Hard Fan.

1 Like

Pretty sure all tokens have a base value of 1 because if they were silenced they would be a 1 cost 1/1. I think this might be where the buff is getting its green light from in your example. Whereas the other is a regular minion with a variable cost but again if silenced it’s value wouldnt be just 1 right?

“Pretty sure all tokens have a base value of 1 because if they were silenced they would be a 1 cost 1/1.” I don’t think this ever happens. Yes they do have base value of 1 and top value of 10(I guess). But it’s not a “buff” that we can silence. Through circumstances tokens generate in various stats. But those considered their original stats. Green light in my example is from the Anchored Totem. Silencing Die-Hard Fan would only bring it back to it’s original stats, 3/3. Which isn’t supposed to be buffed in the first place. Being the entire idea of my discussion.

Have you never seen a board wide silence? its like the most useful card priest has that costs 1 mana lol. any tokens on the board at that point would be and do get silenced.

1 Like