An Update on Demon Hunter

Well this sort of helps the Antaen > Priestess combo in 1 turn.

I don’t understand how Priestess is going untouched though. It’s ridiculous.

8 Likes

that’s it? may be enough to push DH down a couple of % points but that’s it.
Not nearly enough.
Priestess is a broken card, totally un-fun to play against and the 14/14 with Rush and Taunt plus no requirements is just as bad, or worse.
Someone needs to scratch their heads more and rethink the design philosophy for the class.

It should never, ever have been released in that state. Baffles me how many processes must have broken down at Blizzard to allow this to actually happen.

17 Likes

Not even close to a nerf. Skull is 3 cards for 6 with a giant mana reduction. Nourish is 3 cards for same cost. Hand of Guldan is 3 cards with tiny chance to cheat out as a discard play and a 6 mana card. How is this remotely close? Sprint is 7 mana for christ sake.

13 Likes

These changes won’t have much impact. The class will still dominate the ladder with >60% WR against everything else. I don’t think you guys quite understand the power level that DH is at right now…

I get it – new class, get the hype up by making it OP – but you’re making most matches be Demon Hunter mirrors, it’s ridiculous.

5 Likes

I feel Skull of Gul’dan nerf is not nearly enough … well, i actually think 5 mana is ok … the issue is the disscount … having 0 mana cards is unfairly strong and this aren’t balanced cards like Rogue … this are game breaking since you can summon a 0 mana minion that draws yet another card … or a spell for 0 mana that draws 2 more cards … no joke, i have seen DH that draw around 5 cards with basically 0 mana in 1 turn … that’s so wrong in so many levels.

Rest of the nerfs are ok i guess … but i feel they are not enough.

7 Likes

Artius or whatever is going to need a looking at as well.
In fact, every single “targets enimies” card (as in both board and face) needs to be seriously looked at because the fact that allows Demon Hunter to be clear and target face simultaneously is something kind of unprecedented for this game. No one really has an answer to both heal a lot and start building a board back.

1 Like

good news that you can still heal for 6 then if you weave in your heropower then. right?

With hero power it’s now heal 6, deal 6 for 5 mana. Which is still really really good.

before it was heal for 9 deal 9 for 6, which was proven to be way too good at keeping them alive while keeping enemy board clear simultaneously.

To that point, most weapons are there for board control, you don’t suggest to give every weapon lifesteal because their purpose is to trade into stuff, do you?

4 Likes

Almost forgot … priestess is also a huge problem … specially combined with Imprisioned … having potentially 16 damage at one turn … is a joke.

4 Likes

Increasing two cards from 5 to 6 mana is not going to do much, by round 6 demon hunter is already way ahead in tempo that a 1 mana change won’t tip the balance of the game.

2 Likes

Battle hound and priestess definitely need a hit but this is a good start. Aldrichi was unnecessary but it will make the class a fair amount weaker. More and bigger nerfs are probably needed. If not DH should get weaker supports one the next sets

1 Like

Not enought Nerf, a lot more DH cards are over powered

You are only boring peoples that play the game if you dont change that class, she need to be reforged a lot more

did you really want us to leave Hearthstone ?

you cant say you did a mistake and apologize cos you know what you did with that class

the question is why did you want a new class over powered like that ?
want us put more money in the game with that strategy ?
think we are stupid ?
want all of us get frustrated and leave your game forever ?

that should be the last time we purchase cards in that game created by 2 IQ peoples

shame on you

7 Likes

That’s assuming best case scenario im which you always have spare mana for 3 consecutive turns. Again I feel as if an increase in mana cost would be a better nerf for it. Demon hunter naturally attacks with face more than other classes so it needs that healing.

1 Like

here is my list of the things you didnt mention:

sigil runner: 1/1, same ability
battlefiend: pleeeeease make it a 1/2, thanks
priestess of fury: needs huge nerf, probably to start of your turn
spectral sight: needs to be looked into
twin slice: broken at 0, change to 1
kaelthas: only one 3rd spell can be reduced to 0 per turn, not many

that would be about it

1 Like

I’ve been whooping demon hunters all day with rogue, I don’t see a need to nerf really. That being said tho my perspective is coming from matches in silver rank.

1 Like

an increase in mana would have done nothing about the truly problematic aspect of it:
way too much healing in DH for a tempo/aggressive class.

and yes, you SHOULD evaluate cards if used in right conditions (in this case hero power). The fact that the cards are crazy good even when NOT used tyo their full extend is a sign that they are overtuned.

that’s like saying shield slam is a bad card because it deals 0 damage if you dont have armor.

2 Likes

It’s plenty good in other areas and has other life steal options. Now there’s a bit more risk to trading with face. It wasn’t the most pressing or necessary of nerfs but it’s probably brought the power level down more than all these other ones

2 Likes

You’re forgetting that demom hunter has mix including control. Yes that card is good with aggro the way it is, reducing durability wont do much to change that though whereas increasing mana cost is much better, aggro doesnt want to invest 4 mana into it, control and midrange otherwise would.

Also nowhere did I say the weapon was bad lol.

does anyone see the stupidity that was it? they are deceiving everyone, they could have launched already balanced, there was no need to launch and then changing the cards is ridiculous this, it was just to excite people to spend more money on this game

4 Likes

nah.

tempo would surely pay 1 more cost to have 3 rounds of board clearing while healing himself available.

Let alone that that’s 1 more round of activating all your “when you attack” synergies for free as well.

1 mana doesn’t do anything.

as for the class ALSO having control aspects, i don’t see that as a good thing, unless its class identity is “do everything” it need CLEAR disadvantages, so far it has none.

2 Likes

How does 1 mana not do anything? I dont follow your logic.

Also yes the class has control, Blizzard clearly designed it in mind to be able to do both reliably, although at the moment it does both in one go which is bad.

1 Like