"An update is required to play hearthstone but is not . . ."

When I try to play but I’m not I get an error message that says “An update is required to play hearthstone but it’s not currently available in the store”.

I literally just downloaded the update. So unless you put out two patches simultaneously, something is wrong.

My guess is that you’re going to tell me that the patch corrupted my installation and now I have to uninstall and reinstall from scratch to fix it. Just, giving how much of a hassle that’ll be, I figured I’d check in first and see if there was an easier fix. It’s kind of a large download . . .

9 Likes

I downloaded an update to Hearthstone on the store and I am still getting this error.

Edit: Reinstalled Hearthstone and still running into the error.

6 Likes

Exact same for me. Yay

1 Like

A reinstall worked for me…

I get the same thing…
Reinstall did nothing, i still get a message that an update is needed and i already installed that

1 Like

Same here, not working after the update…
Full reinstall helped, but it’s insane to require steps like that!

Same, Android S20. Reinstalling does nothing.

1 Like

Come on blizz…at least acknowledge that you see there is a issue…been waiting 12 hours now to play!
This game is the worst game, for bugs and glitches, I’ve ever played in a good 30 years…since the beginning of the internet. Been a long time blizzard fan… Before they were blizzard…but they have really been lazy… Or TRYING to over achieve… But end up under delivering.

Don’t know how many times I’ve had to reinstall this game…

2 Likes

Dead for me to. Fix it please or shut it down forever

The Hearthstone team has made some updates. Please fully close out the app and relaunch it. Let us know if the issue persist.

finally, someone says what platform is affected.

it’s Andoid, so the rest of us can stop caring.

The problem Lies more with activision and apearently they should know hoe to run mobile games. Thats also the reason old blizzard bought activision

Fully closing the app doesn’t solve this issue.

Thank you… And not sure if any of the controversy and walkouts have anything to do with the lack of quality, of game updates?

Game will not load for me since about noon today. Says there is an issue with update and not to download but it forces the update anyway.

I have the same issue it’s ridiculous. I am not trying to download it again. Blizzard really got to fix this.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues.

S21 Ultra 5g

Cleared cache, force stopped, rebooted phone.

Nothing seems to help

Same issue

note 10+
Android version 11

Several restarts and full shutdowns to no avail… Both game and system up to date.

I am having the same issue. Lost a duel run because of this. Blizzard us swindling everyone. I’m so done with this game unless they get their act together. Unfortunately they have abandoned the general consumer. Prove me wrong blizzard and respond to this or fix this issue.

For me this happens having Android 12 and the Amazon app store being not working. Google that guys Amazon could also be the problem i must say after research.

That for sure only applies when you play through Amazon playstore