Am I playing Bots?

I’ve seen other posts concerning this, but not many. I played HS a lot when it first came out, but the game stalled for a bit, and I moved on. Lich King was what drew me back, being as it was my fav wow xpac. I’ve bought a few cards, taking my time relearning the game, slowly progressing, only made it to silver but still enjoying myself.

However, with that said, I am seeing quite a few “bot acting” opponents. Anyone who’s been gaming for a while recognizes this behavior. Seeing a lot of asfdfasd type names, random nonsense letters for a name. As well, the decks are being played the same almost every time I encounter one, same card order, especially in DK decks. Cards that a person might hold are played with no logical benefit, such as playing a card that buffs other cards in play on mana 1. Sure people do this, but not this consistently.

The big give away, is when you do something unexpected, and the other player has you outgunned and poised on the edge of killing you. Like fill your board with random minions. They just sit there, and let time run out. Over and over. Many times my opponent has me to less than 10 hp and just sits there and lets time run out. And eventually I win because I have time to get my board back up. I’ve even killed my own minions off to see what happens and the other side just sits there.

I could be wrong, but I’m really seeing a pattern here, and at the least, someone should look into it.

1 Like

Yes, there are bots and autoclick programs, it’s very obvious when you see a warrior that does nothing but click the hero power non-stop all the time on his turn and mine, others can be more subtle, but this confirms 100% that there are bots. A human player doesn’t click the hero power all the time.

2 Likes

Yes its becoming a very common problem. I’m seeing many many times now, like 3 out of 5 games, especially late at night. Pretty much making me not want to play.

1 Like

They are Bli$$ard Bots.

2 Likes

From what gathered at least on mobile:

Real people will show in the community icon, in recents

While, blizzard bots (i assume) will not show up in the community//recent

I’ve never seen anyone not show in recently played unless I disconnect, but the amount of bots I’ve seen I. Wild is pretty bad. Funny part is the aggro decks are so braindead(as are many non aggro too) that they’re botting into legend. Lol.

These are Activision bots, following the huge drop in players (because their game is trash), there are bots with random nicknames to reduce the waiting time to find a game, their bots are also well programmed (with the feet) that their artificial intelligence of the adventure mode (you cause bugs very easily like blocking the attack by putting provocations + a kelthuzad for example).

2 Likes

I’m going to start doing that. I’m going to click my hero power on my opponent’s turn for the LOLs.