Am I alone here?

Where I’m at right now in terms of saving time is only playing Druid, Shaman, Warlock and Priest on 4 separate accounts. On a 5th account I have 20,000 dust saved up for a potential 12th class that Blizzard may or may not decide to release.

I don’t feel like buying into the hype for the mini-set release, and I’ve decided to do a few things to save my time until the new meta drops post mini-set.

One, hold onto my dust after disenchanting any cards that I would only ever use for a separate class than the account’s specified class.

Two, hold onto my gold and avoid buying any packs or opening any new packs.

Three, only complete daily quests when they are stacked and avoid ruthless grinding to complete the weeklies.

Lastly, I do not wish to make any deck changes or create new decks because it seems like whatever I make will be dominated by the mini-set quickly.

I feel like playing just a few hands a day and purposely waiting to craft mini-set cards after the new meta drops post mini-set. I don’t know why I should be putting in any more effort than I already have for this meta.

I hope that this serves as ‘hearthstone feedback’ for the devs and hopefully they realize this is likely the technique for many free-to-play wild players like myself.

1 Like

I save time by playing 1 account.

Either approach works fine. Playing multiple accounts racks up more quest gold, and dusting cards from all classes but the one you want to focus on allows you to access the best decks for that class without much effort. This approach is good for players who are addicted to completing quests. Most players do not even have more than 5 classes that they like to play. I will say that setting up a 5th account ahead of time in the hopes that they release a new class, like Monk, with the hopes that it will be good and the game is still worth playing by then is a bit of a gamble, but hey, he is a man with a plan.

Playing on a single account allows for an overall better developed collection, which allows for being able to keep up with two or three classes per meta without having to disenchant a lot of your cards. This approach means that you can focus on any class that you like in the current meta.

I found a third approach that’s probably not viable anymore, which allowed me to set up a main collection with a lot of banked dust even though I don’t play much more on it than of my other 8 F2P collections. I’ve always been able to make any deck that I want to play on my main collection.

To answer the question posed in the title: you’re probably not alone, but you are among a very small minority.

Is it even allowed in the TOS to have more than 1 account?

There was a time when the ToS limited a player to having a maximum of three Bnet accounts, but eventually that clause was removed.

Still I don’t want to do it. I don’t even start with Regions. I know I would mess up and get a gift pack on the wrong region lol.

1 Like

Ya, well that is a risk. I have had it happen when there is a delay in the reward drops, and then they show up when you log into the EU or Asia server, but it would be preferable to get them on NA server, which is my main account.
Not that big of a deal.

Enjoy your one account, which you only play on one server. There is no reason why you have do anything different. There are definitely pros and cons to having multiple accounts.

Back in the days when gaming companies had nothing in their ToS agreements against buying and selling accounts or in-game items, I use to do both while I went to school to subsidize my income a bit. It was a flexible business, and it was quite common to do such transactions through EBay. To hand off gold or items from one character to another, arrangements were made between buyers and sellers by using Instant Messenger.

In Ultima Online, they had an event that went on for a limited time that when you logged in on a character, you got a “black dye tub,” which was used to change the color of clothing items to black. Since players did not need more one of those dye tubs per account and inventory space was so low, many players would just toss their unwanted items on the ground, where they would slowly decay and disappear. In UO, another man’s garbage could be you’re treasure by picking up their discarded items.

I realized immediately that any player that made an account after that promotional event was over was going to want one of those black dye tubs. I used to sell them for 20 to 40 dollars a pop on EBay.

In UO, I had a uniquely designed character, which had GM spell casting and GM wresting skills, which allowed you to get spells off while in combat. This allowed me to farm gold from chests without having to take the time to fight the mobs that were triggered when a player messed with the chests.

In the early days of UO, when a character entered a bank and said the word “bank,” the bank would respond with a chat bubble which told you and anyone nearby how much gold your character had. Most players had around 1000 to 10,000 gold. Mine had well over a million gold. I got accused of hacking a lot, and while I never hacked, I did sell excess gold and other items online for real money.

BTW, UO had professional beggars who would pretend that they were a new player and then they would beg gold from established players and then sell the given gold online. It was one of the faster ways to farm gold in that game before others caught onto the scheme. LAWL!

This text is crazy. Is this the extent of your humanism? You can’t break past text on a screen, scared to piss off someone who doesn’t even acknowledge your existence.