Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

You were disregarding my analogy with how we choose to label things and we have to take responsibility by acknowledgement of unbeneficial, unnatural phobia of the unknown and control ourselves. But this analogy of yours is just awful. Apples vs oranges. Suffrage and women’s rights aren’t the same as offensive emotes which are the only means of expression and communication unless you add/accept friends to your list.

You are belittling the gains of women’s rights movement by doing that. It is neither just or mature to go on about this discussion with ad hominem and diversion tactics. Manipulative people, politicians and sociopaths often do that.

Wrong, i think you are completely wrong and take my words out of context as well as the wrong way… As i said, i was referencing to the part where just giving up the first time someone says no on a reasonable subject does not encourage change. Now you really ARE being condescending and i Will report you for that. The subject of the matter is that this is a topic that Should be discussed and Will be discussed, wether you think it should be there or not. That’s WHY there is discussion! Also, just tossing around fancy words won’t make your arguement any more valid.

1 Like

This isn’t the first time. Skruff has been asking daily for nearly two years now, and the answer has always been no.

They don’t want to encourage change.

Yeah, that exactly why they ask for feedback and not too long ago one of the people from the team asked for feedback on twitter. Also, that’s why the forums exist.

What you are argueing is that there should NEVER be change and we should always remain stuck in the exact same meta.

Yes, I am arguing that the current position of not having autosquelch should never change because I think it would be bad for the game. What’s unclear?

Beyond that, I find it important to respect that sometimes answers aren’t what you want them to be and be able to accept results you don’t like and move on.

Why would it even be bad for the game. For all the rambling you seem to do, nobody has seen fit to list a single reason for why it CAN’T. All I see here is you trying to pick fights with people, because there litteraly is NO reason to NOT have it. If you don’t like it, don’t use it!

The Exact same goes for you buddy.

4 Likes

There are reasons to not have it. I’ve said them, others have said them, the devs have said them. You don’t agree that those reasons are good enough to not implement it, but the reasons still exist.

Not quite the exact same, in that the developers haven’t given me an answer I’d go on a hopeless crusade about like they have to you.

And without a given reason as you say there are I can only conclude that there is no reason. As such, there is STILL no reason not to have autosquelch. “Many reasons”, then you don’t give ANY xD

As hopeless a crusade as you trying to litterally find people to fight on the forums? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just because I don’t have the patience to reproduce two years worth of discussion every single post that does not mean you automatically win. You’ve participated in discussions where reasons were given. Your faulty memory is not my problem, but intellectual dishonesty in denying that the discussions took place is definitely yours.

nooo that would mean i lose the best emote in the game

FLJ thank you

Just because you can’t put the tiny bit of effort into looking up a reason and listing it here doesn’t mean you are right. And by this point i have fed you, the troll king, enough…so go and troll somebody else will you?

And you truely are blind as a bat, i Just said there were no reasons given and yet you give evasive answers as if there were plenty of reasons given. Come on then, where are those reasons?

3 Likes

Auto-squelch is bad for the game. There are many reasons why. I refuse to list the reasons why. I’m in no way full of crap.

6 Likes

I use “Thank you” when the other player deliberately does something that could be interpreted as being nice to me, like healing my face or playing a card that gives me mana or a spell or summons a minion for me. I don’t use it when they do something that accidentally ends up in my favor.

I do think autosquelch should be an option though.

Edit: I also use “Thank you” when a friend throws me their 80 gold quest =D

1 Like

I do think that “Thank You” doesn’t add to the game at this point. “Well Played” is a better response to “Well Played”, and there’s no other occasion one would use Thank You in a regular game except to suggest the other player played badly.

For me this is not a problem although a lot of people seem to want the auto squelch. I like it when people use emotes to banter and sometimes bluff, it can be really funny sometimes although people can just spam it to be annoying. I dont get why people are really angered with this though, some just immediately squelch when the opponent say hello which I find rude.

Maybe a lot of players just dont like banter. For some losing can be tilting so perhaps getting emoted adds fuel to their anger idk

3 Likes

I like the game sounds - the music, certain card noises and all that, but I don’t want to hear “I will hunt you down,” “Wow. Wow. Wow.” every 15 seconds. I don’t squelch at first because I don’t mind a “Hello” from Jaina every now and then, but I usually have done it before the end of the game. I can’t argue I think auto-squelch is necessary but there is no way it would be bad. The ones who would use it are squelching at the beginning of the match anyway, and you’d just be saving them a couple clicks.

2 Likes

1/10 Ben Shapiro wannabe

3 Likes

In my opinion, auto squelch is such a small, unimportant thing that I have no idea why it’s such a big thing on this forum. I mean there already is a squelch option, so why not implement it just to make the UI more efficient? Either way, Blizzard isn’t adding it anytime soon, so could everyone here stop being the worst?

1 Like

Auto-squelch isn’t bad for the game since the other player doesn’t have to know he’s being muted. It’s such a small thing that so many people want. Just do it.

3 Likes