Ability to pull uncraftable cards in packs

After a cooldown from my previous, somewhat incoherent drunken rant which earned me said cooldown, I’d like to resubmit my displeasure at the idea that the rewards track contains uncraftable “free” cards that can still be pulled from packs.
If you’ve opened the packs and already have the cards (both regular and golden), then the “free” ones you hit along the rewards path are less than useless, you get nothing. Similarly, if you’ve already hit those cards along the rewards path and they’re in your collection, you certainly wouldn’t want the chance to pull them from a pack anymore, as they’re only worth a pathetic amount of dust at best at that point.
Seems rather sh**y to have the uncraftable cards have a chance to show up in packs that you’re potentially paying money for. If they’re supposed to be rewards that you get for free for playing the game, then make them exclusive to the achievement, otherwise they’re clutter that’s potentially wasting the customer’s money when pulled from packs.
If it’s impossible to get the golden versions of these cards from packs, then let me know, and I’ll revise my stance, but I’m not super hopeful.

1 Like

you could dust all the extra copies you pulled from packs and keep the freebies

sigh not to be condescending, but that’s the point of the complaint.
You could dust the extra, but if the extra wasn’t in the pack it could’ve been a card you actually needed.

1 Like

It’s also possible to get reward track epic card from random epic card reward…

The golden cards you get in the Rewards Track can only be obtained as golden from the Rewards Track. The non-golden variant of those cards are available from packs because a) it’s possible that a player want to use said card before it’s awarded and b) the cards still have to be available after the Rewards Track is retired (with the next expansion).

As far as the Commons and Rares go, you’ll gather a complete set of both fairly quickly in any case due to duplicate protection. You should expect to have a full set of Commons after ~25 packs from Stormwind (delayed from 20 packs due to packs with a Rare + one or more additional Rare, Epic or Legendary card) and Rares after around 50-70 packs (depending on the amount of double Rare packs).

If you play enough to clear the daily and weekly quests and only spend gold on the mini-set, you should end each expansion with enough gold to buy 70-80 packs.

1 Like

Bro everyone is saying you can dust the extra copy when you pack it but you literally can’t… I just packed heavy plate and went to disenchant it because I already have the free ones and it didn’t give me an option to disenchant.