A question regarding log files

Salutations to all members of the Blizzard forums! :hugs:

To start off, im not sure whether this specific question belongs to this category in the forums, but i figured that technical support is the closest thing in relation to my question.

I don’t use third party software to record games whenever i play Hearthstone, although i did hear about them, but never really got around to using them. However, it so happens that i want to review one specific day when i played Hearthstone on the ranked ladder, but i can’t review this day because i don’t have any log files or anything related to that day (except my vague memories). Since i don’t have the above-mentioned third party software, that leaves me with pretty much nothing.

A thought came to my mind, that perhaps Blizzard keeps log files that would have information in them related to the games that i played against opponents on the ranked ladder. I don’t need any really detailed info, like the each log for each specific match with every detail regarding each turn (that would be too much to ask), but perhaps some basic information does exist in Blizzard’s database (for an example games played during a specific time, opponent username, your class, opponent class, who won or who lost the game, etc.) :thinking:

With these thoughts, i read Blizzards policy about data gathering and even managed to get some basic data related to that day. However, besides the log-in and log-out times, there wasn’t much useful information, just my decks and cards in them, and, as mentioned, log in and out times, but nothing in relation to games played during these log in times.

I contacted Blizzard tech support via the chat system, but wasn’t able to get much info, i was told to get a data file thingy that i already got.

This is why i write this thread, and this is why i ask these questions: Does Blizzard store any basic match information? Like for an example a timestamp when a game took place, who won and who lost, stuff like that. If such information does exist, or might exist, who do i contact to obtain it? Because like i said, i did contact Blizzard to get the data thing, but the information that i got is irrelevant to me. Should i ask to get an Esports data instead of game data? I think Esports is for actual tournaments though, i never played any tournaments, just ranked ladder mode. I really do hope that somebody will be able to give a clear answer. Thank you in advance,

Gene :slightly_smiling_face:

Howdy!

The GDPR package of data would only include information collected about your account. It would not likely show any data related to other players. We do not offer a service to show match history this detailed. Customer Service wouldn’t be able to share this information with you or see this information. That would be an idea you would need to forward to our developers over on the General forums. I would recommend providing why you would like to see that information as well and how it would make the game better in your opionon.

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply! I will try to contact the developers then, although i guess the chances to see the requested information are slim. In terms of providing a reason to see this information: sheer curiosity to see how well i did during one specific day of playing rated games :slight_smile: