Patch 24.6 Preview!

Patch 24.6 Preview!

Get a sneak peek at new features and more coming soon to Hearthstone.

View Full Article

6 Likes

With Patch 24.6, we’re introducing a fun new way to get Battlegrounds cosmetic items: Battle Bash. Each Battle Bash has a curated, limited time collection of Battlegrounds cosmetics,* including at least one Legendary item! Purchasing access to the Battle Bash means you earn one “Hammer” with each Top 4 finish during the Battle Bash period. Each Hammer is then be used to Bash for a random prize from that Battle Bash collection!

Super fun to me when I gotta purchase it… Lol

8 Likes

So you need to spend RL cash to buy an uneven amount of Bli$$ard Bux to buy a pass, then get first place to even have a chance at rolling for an item you don’t already have. To top it all off, they are making it a “limited time collection” to try to increase FOMO for those who are not bright enough to understand they will most likely sell it for cheaper at a later date.

This is Diablo Immortal level of monetization all over again, except in Hearthstone.

If this is the new way Blizzard intends to make money. RIP Diablo 4. Dead before it even launches.

8 Likes

Don’t care about the battlefield, will the balance be standard? :question: :question: :question:

No dual class arena this year … you had 1 arena event . I guess that was one too much eh

4 Likes

Isn’t that what they mean by hallow’s end? Not cancelled just late.

1 Like

And in patch 24.7 they going to release the Battle Bash Mega bundle.

After you paid for play battleground, and after you paid for play Battle Bash inside your paid battleground you can now do another upgrade to the Battle Bash Mega Bundle.

For just a mere extra 2000 runestones you can enjoy the following:

1. Your minions do double damage
  2. The p2w crown over your avatar
  3. Choose any hero you want

And in patch 24.8 they going to release the new adventure mode Battle Bash Kings.

If you have already bought the battle pass, the Battle Bash Pass, and the Battle Bash Mega Bundle you can now even further upgrade. For the silly low amount of another 2000 runestones you can play in the eliteclub Battle Bash Kings.

Here you can win prices like:

1. 5000 rating points.
  2. Free rank 1 on battleground ladder for 1 day.
  3. The joker, a new and exciting hero who is immune from round 1 to 10.

Lol its starting to become beyond silly this.

10 Likes

On a side note, will you be making the leaderboard searchable at some point?

1 Like

It’s not quite that bad. At least it’s still cosmetics in this one, unlike paying for choice of 4 heroes over 2… So don’t really care one way or other.

Diablo 4 won’t be p2w like Immortal - it’ll be cosmetic purchases, as is fitting of a PC game purchased up front.

Unfortunately whilst HS straddles both mobile and PC, the P2W will remain, because whales whale…

Things really do sound silly when you make up a whole bunch of ridiculous stuff about them! Wow!

There’s an error in the Battleground part :

Entry to this Battle Bash can be purchased for money or 1000 Runestones

Should be

Entry to this Battle Bash can be purchased for money or money.

You’re welcome

7 Likes

Cool little patch. To bad p2w is still in bgs. Game stays uninstalled. Back to TfT again see ya in a few days hearthstone forums

1 Like

I hope we get something soon to improve morale with mercenaries. I actually like the mode, but it needs more gameplay mechanics. maybe a way to customize or modify your party synergy before a PvP match? hope it’s not abandoned, it still has fun potential!

2 Likes

Holy cow this is incredible!! Nov. 1st can’t come soon enough! :slight_smile:

If the only thing that is new is monetisation… Yeah, nobody cares…

2 Likes

Lol at the people thinking 2 more hero slots is Pay2Win
Illusion of choice really messes with the human psyche

4 Likes

Where does it say this?

My issue is, that there are so many trash, boring heroes and if I get 2 of those generic +1/+1 to a tribe/menagerie/+2/+2 to every 3rd minion… I just right away concede.

Not because I cant win, but because simply it is not fun.

Regarding p2w - you have higher chance of getting one of the strongest heroes in the right game. Especially since some of those heroes really need certain tribes to work properly.
Gallywix (or Millhouse or other heroes, who want to use tons of minions) with elementals+murlocs+pirates gives you tons of freedom. Without them they suck and you should evade them. Similarly Jandice (especially without beasts).
Greygbough without summon classes (beasts/demons) is close to useless.
Curator without murlocs/mechs.
Nzoth without Mechs is at half the power at the start.
Waggtoggle is terrible/boring hero and without divine shield classes… well…

So yeah, it matters. In a single game, your chance of winning might be slightly lower (because of lower chance to get better heroes), but over 10-20-50 games it is quite painfull.

it doesnt say this anywhere

“We heard how much you hate runestones (the failed multi currency system from HoTS), so here’s another event that requires runestones! Aren’t you thankful?”
/facedesk

Hey gretchen (team 5), stop trying trying to make runestones happen. It’s not going to happen.

3 Likes