Tour the Mercenaries Village and Collection

Tour the Mercenaries Village and Collection

Learn about all the sights in the central hub for the new Mercenaries mode!

View Full Article

2 Likes

A link in the article to learn more about Mercs packs is broken.

1 Like

Wow 1 comment. Epic stuff! Kappa

1 Like

Looks interesting. Just one question about mercenary tokens: if i have the mercenary tokens but already own him and also all my abilities and equipments are at max level, what can i do with the excess tokens? Any exchange feature? Thanks

4 Likes

Will diamond Arthas and Diablo be unobtainable except by pre-order? I assume golden Sylvanas will be craftable, and available in packs.

1 Like

I would like to know this as well. Can we craft the Diamond Diablo and Diamond Lich King cards?

1 Like

Think “diamond” things are heartstones way of noting “pay to get only”. Question is, can you get a non-diamond one that will have the same stats?

1 Like

I would assume so that the Golden and Diamond versions are cosmetic, like regular Hearthstone cards are.

Unlike regular Hearthstone cards, each Mercenary has 3 Golden portraits, and Legendary Mercenaries have 3 Golden + 1 Diamond portraits.

There is actually a bunch of info on the packs and collection that’s hidden away in a Blizzard Support article for whatever reason, and it seems like important information:

PS: it’s the same article budrickton posted but different link?

2 Likes

This merc token feature sounds concerning as it def now a whale only mode aka Rise of kingdoms. Fair enough Blizzivision want to cash in as well, but after reviewing the info agree with many others that it should be a separate app.

2 Likes

From what I understand you can’t craft diamond or gold versions. Those are classified as “portraits”. You can craft the basic legendary Diablo merc. But his portraits only come as pack drops (edit: well maybe quests/special events too?)

Diamond Arthas/Diablo isn’t exclusive to pre-order, just a head start. If you were to buy it, then you’d have dupe protection on diamond Arthas/Diablo portraits until you collected all of their respective portraits. Then after that, if you were to get a diamond Diablo again for example, then it would auto convert to 100 Diablo coins. Lower amount of coins if it was a rare/epic merc example.

3 Likes

why???
is better to have all game modes in 1

1 Like

It’s not merely a different mode, it’s an entirely new game. I get that they want to leverage the HS app, infrastructure, marketing and player base. But it clogs up hearthstone, when the collection is entirely separate.

2 Likes

Why not finally some 2v2 or 3v3 modes? :frowning:

2 Likes

What happens when you max a mercenary abilities and weapons out as far as coins go? do you still earn that mercenary’s coins?

3 Likes

But you earn XP / Gold while playing Mercenaries… which can be used to earn more packs in Traditional Hearthstone (and vice versa). Separating the games means separating the rewards track and economy.

As much as my phone storage will be upset, I think they made the right decision.

3 Likes

We’ll see, but noted the possibility

1 Like

In similar games, usually yes, and then they have to give mechanisms to spend or convert the spare tokens.

1 Like

The mode seems fun overall and I am definitely trying it, however, I absolutely despise that awful tornado going down in the middle of the screen. Please remove that highly distracting useless feature. Thanks!

1 Like

Seems really strange to have same gold economy for both mercs and classic HS. Looks like its more effective to have two different accounts, to spend one acc gold on mercs and another on hs

2 Likes

I think the idea is to make it so that you can’t get a full (current expension) collection anymore w/o spending money. While the total cost of merc buildings is currently low, we can be sure that more expensive ones will be added as time goes on.

In other words unless the community complain enough, that’s the future we’re looking at. At present it doesn’t seem like there will be enough of an outcry.

3 Likes