Duels Content Update

Duels Content Update

This massive update for Duels includes 25 new Passive Treasures, balance updates, and more!

View Full Article

4 Likes

Who cares? 10charact

4 Likes

Duels? wait, who asked?

3 Likes

-Rotate 0 sets
-Add 2/3 new sets
-All sets enabling discard warlock and deathrattle hunter still remain, in fact un’goro encourages discard warlock even more
-Neither of them have ever been given a meaningful nerf (NOTE: A NERF OF 4 CARDS TO 3 CARDS DOES NOTHING. THE IDEA OF THIS POWER IS YOU PISS THROUGH YOUR DECK AT LIGHTNING SPEED AND PUNISH YOUR OPPONENT FROM YOUR DISCARDS)
-All hero powers that 100% counter hero powers related to summoning 1 hp minions still remain in game and untouched.

Gonna be another dead season with the same overpowered decks. Nice.

4 Likes

Stop!! Stop!!! It’s already dead…

Seriously. I just went through the list of treasures. 90% of them are bad or too narrow in application or both, and then there’s like, two of them that are absolutely golden get-them-or-don’t-go-9+wins material. And you’re unbanning self sharpening sword too??? Are you kidding me??? If you want to let the mode disappear into the ether just delete it! Don’t just… make a mockery of its corpse like that!

3 Likes

sounds fun, hopefully the meta will see change with these changes

4 Likes

I really like the added variety of passive treasure, I would like to see less of that “but not less than one” contrived stuff. I would prefer if treasure were created with preventing infinite combos in mind but would not have all this same tag and be more distinct in the way they do so.

Some ideas :

All together now:
Your first 3 battlecry
within a turn cost 1 less.

Endurance training :
Your Taunt minions cost 2 less,
if they would cost 0 mana, give them +2 health instead,
they cost 1.

Arcanite crystal : Arcane spells that were originally in your deck reduce the cost of a card in your hand by 1,
(generated spells don’t count)

Those versions avoid infinite combos all the same but avoid the tiring repetition of BuT nOt LeSs tHaN 1!
Obviously, this was a thought experiment and those are probably not balanced. It is meant to highlight the possibility of other options for passive treasures to avoid infinite unfair combos.

2 Likes

No decent Discardlock would want to run Lakkari Sacrifice, it’s too slow and the payoff isn’t great.

Zavas is at best a mediocre pile of stats.

Felhound is being added to Core anyway.

Dinomancer is a meme.

2 Likes

Quests are banned anyway.

Just wanted to add that I like the banned cards that were clearly broken in duels. Ton of added treasures will make runs less stale good change.

No, WTF?

Connections

• Old: At the start of your turn, add a 1/1 Informant to your hand. → New: At the start of your turn, add a random 1-Cost minion to your hand.

Blizzard, what is going on? This is so insane! You cant do that! Please change it!

Edit: Ok, forget it, had a Brain-Lag! I was reading “add a rondwom Minion to your hand it cost 1”

The Quests are banned from Buckets (ie. they won’t show up after you’ve started your run), but not from Deckbuilding.

1 Like

they are finally upgrading the rogue hero power after making it pretty much useless !

1 Like

Forged in the Barrens cards appear in card buckets before the expansion officially hits. I guess I’ll try to do some playtesting this week.

I hate to admit it, but the Hero Power (Mage) bucket could be fun. The inclusion of a Barrens Chat (Neutral) bucket is funny.

There’s also going to be a new broken combination, though fortunately it’s neither Warlock nor Hunter. Gruntled Patron is going to be insane with Spiked Arms: it’s going to multiply by 7 instantly for a full field of 5/2’s by as quickly as turn 4.

I know it’s not going to be reliable enough for people to focus on that, but you know unlucky people playing Duels WILL encounter and lose to that combo several times.

Will runs in progress be retired and a tavern ticket be given in Heroic Duels as is the case for Arena?

1 Like

It’s kinda hard to enjoy duel atm. Maybe it’s just the "new"Ness factor of journey to Ungoro, but almost everygame comsit of the class quest.

ALSO… I tended to look forward to the first (4) matches Especially when I’m trying some unique build. It was nerve wracking especially when faced against shaman with overload perk and life questioning against druid…but that was the extent of craziness…but now the craziness starts after fight 3. I can’t enjoy my deck, don’t even have enough time to curse the game for giving me bad buckets.

1 Like

Not all warlock and demon hunter spells, but many. Many spells have spell schools now, like Fire, Frost, Nature, and Fel. It’s on the bottom of a card like the Dragon or Murloc tag on a minion.

I think fel means demon, so the spells that have something to do with demons. Warlock and demon hunter should get most of those, although I can think of a dual-class spell that demon hunter shares with hunter.

I can’t even play duels cuz stupid level 10 class restriction so who gaf