Dev Insights: Treasure Pools & Smart Loot Buckets in Duels

Dev Insights: Treasure Pools & Smart Loot Buckets in Duels

We dive into the details of the Group Learning loot bucket in Duels, and how Treasures are distributed throughout a run.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Very informative and interesting article about the Duel loot system.

But I missed the ā€˜biasā€™ system for the Treasures and Loot. How you calculate the content of the deck to offer biased treasures and loot?

Ex: deathrattle cards in your deck = deathrattle loot and treasures

It would be nice if the buckets also took passives and Hero Power selection into account.

2 Likes

Okay so like what I donā€™t understand is why it says passive pool 2 is active after game 2ā€¦ likeā€¦ we donā€™t get a second passive until game 5 so why bother putting that there? just say ā€œPool 2 - Game 5ā€ or something instead of game 2

Definitely a typo and should say:
Passives:

• Pool 1: After game 1.
  • Pool 2: After game 5.

The timing of treasures is clearly after games 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13

1 Like

Feels like this is also the basis for how card draws are affected in standard etc to make games more ā€œintenseā€ or more ā€œcloseā€ as per the dynamic difficulty adjustment in pvp.

Interesting how they classify deck strength and synergy.

1 Like

Should be completely random card draws with no weight right? :innocent:

Hit the nail on the headā€¦ ā€œshould beā€ :joy:

1 Like

How are the choices for the first Passive treasure determined? I canā€™t see rhyme or reason to it. I had a deck with only one discover card in it and only one weapon, but a lot of battle cry minions. However when the first passive treasure choice was given, one of them was weapon support while another was discover support, the final being 2 secrets at start of game. I canā€™t ever seem to get a passive that truly synergizes with my deck. Yet I will see others get great synergy. I donā€™t go online and research ā€œwhich deck best for duelsā€ because I feel that takes the fun out of it, but I canā€™t help but feel that I am going to have to in order to be even slightly competitive. It would really help if we knew what determines the passive treasures offered.