4 New Mage Cards: Arcane Bolt Mage

Nope, definitely not your style of play. However, the Arcane wyrm isn’t a bad 1 drop, and drops like that usually suck late game, but it’s not bad there either because if you drop him late game, that arcane bolt is now a 3 damage.

In my experience, any minion that is both good early game and good late game is worth considering in a deck. 1 drop 1/2 that gives you another spell next turn to kill off a trog right before you wild fire or any snowball type minion is always good to have early game for mage.

2 Likes

Case in point, Arcane Wyrm is just a no RNG, no condition Wand Thief

Yeah i think i might just run wyrm and possibly splitter. See if i can’t make an old fashioned burn tempo deck.

uh ? i checked the druid cards thread and didnt find the druid manathrist cards you are complaining about …

Well, that’s good. Then they haven’t completely lost their minds.
Does druid discover these in any way?

I’m fairly certain everyone will get 1 manathirst card.

But I don’t think you have to worry about Druid Manathirst, whatever it is…because the Druid aggro support looks nuts.

It doesn’t matter to me anyhow. I almost never play ranked anyway.
The game has gotten too far out of hand for me to bother.
I level up as high as the quests take me and then I play in casual the rest of the time.

Manathirst is supposed to be a blood elf faction mechanic. The classes aligned with them should get it. Druid is a scourge class.

1 Like

Ah, do we know which classes are blood elf faction classes? And what do the non-blood elf faction classes get if no manathirst?

It’s a mage burn deck that is on flavor as it gets my dude. You should be thrilled lol.

1 Like

It’s a combo deck that requires alot of setup, right?
I’m a tempo player, plain and simple. It’s all I really know how to do well.
Combo decks are why I never played Rogue.

There’s only 3 undisclosed cards and one of them is Rommath.

Maybe in the miniset? But elementals need a lot of other elementals for them to make sense.

1 Like

Actually, no.

As Agnostika wrote, in the initial announcement stream, they said that the 10 pre-DK classes had been divided into two teams:

The first one is allied with the Scourge and get Undead synergies. Druid, Priest, Rogue, and Shaman and Warlock are here.

The other is allied with the Blood Elves. They are DH, Hunter, Mage, Paladin and Warrior. These are the only classes that get Manathirst cards, since that’s meant to be the Blood Elf mechanic.

6 Likes

perhaps tho i would like it if this idea of getting an elemental mage or arcane or a mix of both would come to fruition.

They discussed which classes were in each faction in the reveal stream.

I remember that demon hunter, mage, paladin, and warrior are blood elf classes and that death knight, druid, priest, and shaman are scourge. I think that hunter are warlock were scourge and rogue is blood elf, but I’m not sure.

The scourge classes have undead cards. I think the also supposed to have more deathrattle and reborn cards.

Edit: I just saw Aegaeon’s comment which has the correct factions.

I think the bolt card might actually be good in a Wild burn deck.

Wild cards asking a class like Mage to wait until turn 8 to set up and kill you opponent is nothing short of Lunacy.
Dead for standard play good luck killing those Blood DK they will take everything you throw at them and laugh in your face when they heal back to full.

That is if you last that long , my money is on you being long dead.
Turn 8 lmao.

1 Like

That was my question. How is manathirst 8 good in mage?

1 Like

IDK, seems weaker than Freeze Mage DK.

1 Like

Never but dont worry a bunch of players that know nothing about the class will set you right and tell you how wrong you are.
If not for Frost DK you would be seeing Magestone topics on sub par standards cards like this.

Thank God for Mage 2.0 i mean Frost Death Knight.

1 Like