4 New Mage Cards: Arcane Bolt Mage

Common · Minion · March of the Lich King · Battlecry: Add an Arcane Bolt to your hand.
Rare · Minion · March of the Lich King · Deathrattle: Add 2 Arcane Bolts to your hand.
Common · Minion · March of the Lich King · Your Arcane spells cost (1) less.

Flavor Text: “If this is the work I’ll be doing, maybe I don’t want to be just like you someday…”
Legendary · Minion · March of the Lich King · Your Arcane spells cast twice.

Plus, the already revealed:
Common · Spell · March of the Lich King · Deal 2 damage. Manathirst (8): Deal 3 damage instead.

Looks like the set up for some sort of combo/burn deck.

Reveal Video:

3 Likes

looks funny and interesting at the same time. so arcane mage it is? or arcane with some elementals?

That could get out of hand real quick, but thankfully it takes some setting up.

If they had a way of copying all spells in hand, this would be a huge otk.

i am wondering if they finally gonna introduce some elemental/arcane mage or smthing?

1 Like

I love elemental mage so much i really hope they do.

great cards for wild mode.

What is your battletag?

Would you like to play the elemental mage deck?

i would love it if this finally happens!

i tried making 1 myself but it is difficult lol

1 Like

Vexallus has to be at the top of the list of cards waiting for a Renathal nerf.

Vexallus reminds me of some shaman card tho.

At 8 mana 3 arcane bolts plus vexallus is a 18 damage turn. If you can fit an aegwym somewhere, it goes to an OTK, 30 damage.

3 Likes

I have never been a fan of combo decks.
Guess we’ll see.

Also? manathirst benefits Druid WAY more than any other class.
Stupid mechanic.

Mallenroh: I just want mage to have a good deck
Blizzard: reveals good mage cards
Mallenroh: not like that

3 Likes

How is manathirst 8 good in a class with zero ramp?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you might like the new Astalor legendary with mana thirst. If you haven’t watched the tournament, it was a pretty cool card. 2 damage, then 5 armor, then 16 damage. Manathirst seemed to work really well.

I think a lot of people don’t realize how fast they hit 5+ mana.

Possibly. I am having a hard time visualizing how a card that at minimum gives 4 damage for 2 mana (2 copies), and max is 6 for 2 (two copies), is that good in a meta where players can drop 20/20’s on turn 3.

Ugh. I hate this direction. Someone’s going to build a Bonelord Frostwhisper deck with these cards. If it works out, it’s going to feel awful and non-interactive to play against as a slower deck.

3 Likes

Someone is for sure going to have an OTK combo with this. However, a lot of those combos require very specific minion cards that won’t like disruption.

But even an 18 burst damage combo is sometimes enough to just kill your opponent when they weren’t expecting. It’s extremely hard to keep your health up to max health with Mage, even if you are a slow deck.

3 Likes

Well; I will wait and see. This definitely isn’t my style of play.
Maybe I can use the bolts stand alone in a wild burn deck.

It’s definitely going to be more vulnerable to disruption than Mozaki mage or quest mage were. Still, I’m really not looking forward to seeing a modern take on those decks. I’ve never enjoyed playing them, or playing against them.

2 Likes