Check out the latest balance updates for Hearthstone and Battlegrounds.
Wow. Just one change to a single dragon for standard. I wonder how much effect that’ll have. It does stop the high roll of 5/8 into 6/6. But how many games were won by that as opposed to just constant pirate and dragon pressure with Torch as one of the most efficient removal spells ever?
Probably devastating, since the deck is not really a meta tyrant[1]. The patch text is extremely misleading when it implies it’s some kind of tyrant (together with druid) and all other decks are bad compared to them.
[1] or at least it’s not a devastating meta tyrant of the types of 70% win rate, so if it’s nerfed a little and others aren’t it will drop extremely noticeably and you will probably stop seeing it for the most part.
I am pleasantly surprised by the changes to BG.
I was hoping for (but didn’t expect) the number of Aberrations that had to die for Deities to be summoned to be increased.
Also the Tier downgrade for the Deity helps, even though most damage came from the summons of Y’Shaarj.
I have no problem with a 2 week guarantee for new minion types after release, as people want to play it, however, it’s a problem if new types are too out of balance. Now after these balance changes, I probably wouldn’t mind them being in every lobby for another 4 weeks, however, I already played them a bit so I have no problem with them not being in every lobby either.
Why don’t other minion types have Deities? You guys dropped the ball on having only Abberation ones. Its not that people hate abberations and were sick of playing them. Its that they were FORCED because no other minion type has a deity. Bring back deitys and at the start of the game you choose one of three to play for that game… simple as that. Devs/Creative team needs new blood I think if all you guys can come up with are “were ending it early”.
After the disappointment of Aberrations, which I actively dislike, I’m glad to see they still know how to make adjustments. It’ll be nice to play a non-Aberration game again. Also glad I’m not alone.
No one knows the names of minions that well. Please put the picture of the minions you’re changing. Such an easy fix.
Minions are still quite easy it’s trinkets that need picture mostly
Why don’t all minion types have Blood Gems, Magnetic or Shop Eating? Because they are part of a types identity, just like Deities are part of Aberrations identity.
And people weren’t forced to play Aberrations because of the Deity, but because of the Power Level of the type. (Which isn’t new, as almost all new minion types added in the past were busted after release, that’s why a faster hotfix (1-2 days after release) and a sooner patch (1 week after release) would have been nice.)
If the power level of Aberrations, including their Deity, is on an equal level with the other types, like Undead with all their summons or Quilboar with all their Blood Gems, then it’s actually an interesting new type with a unique approach. And that’s exactly what we want from a new minion type, something different to the existing ones, with their own identity, because why add a new type otherwise?
Why would you kill Mysterious K’Thir like that?! What is the one true way to discard cards now? I don’t see any outside of the VERY slow single discard which isn’t worth playing at all :<
100% agreed on this. I play A LOT of Battlegrounds and I still don’t know a chunk of the minion names. Show me the picture I’ll tell you exactly what it does lol
I play battlegrounds and one of the most annyoing things is the stupid weighted gauntlet I think that should be nerfed to start of combat
Outrageous! Blizzard is so incompetent that they didn’t even put the card image for each change anymore?!!?!! The patch note designer must be fired. You got one job- to deliver the message clearly and adequately.
Who remembers all the names of Hearthstone cards?!
It’s a visual game, not a freaking spelling bee.
I couldn’t finish reading their patch note without looking up card names for 100 times. This is retarded.
Another swing and a miss. You’ve made elementals the new tribe to hate to play against. Do you not play your own game?
The new system has rounds take too long. The timers for early rounds are too short now. Ive had the timer run out before the tavern even refreshed after battle on round 2 a couple of times
I’m sad there were no pictures in the patch notes.
Since there are no pictures in the post i have no idea about what youre talking. Takes away so much fun to have to find out during the game, plus i might miss changes because im no actively re reading every card
