3 New Paladin Cards

Vacation Planning is insane at face value, but when you start thinking about which deck wants to run this, things start looking less interesting for the card. Flood pala can probably fit this, because it offers draw with refill + it can heal a minion back up (most likely target of the healing part). While the comparison to Muster for Battle may make this card look less impressive in that deck, I think drawing while refilling board is something flood pala just can’t ignore.

Outside of flood pala tho, I don’t really see any other current paladin deck being interested in this. Maybe future decks will. The card is definitely packing a lot so it’s hard to imagine this not seeing play at some point.

Busy bot I think is a serious sleeper. Print more silver hand support and you could have a lil aggro demon right there.

Trust fall looks like unplayable memery to me.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re gonna heal. It must be something before curve and that being on curve; that deck can’t afford dropping 1/1s outside curve or even coin+curve; I can see the card being unplayed since it doesn’t even have a Holy keyword unless maybe in a slow niche deck like highlander.

I’m not playing the deck anymore though so I’ll stay agnostic; but I’ve gone legend with it without bonus stars into diamond; I generally understand the deck very intuitively.

im gonna use vacation planning over burndown, draw 2,flood 3,heal 4 is better than burning 3 high cost cards

I’m not so sure. The problem with this card is simple it’s 4 mana. So it doesn’t cure out into crusader aura like light of battle. So I dunno. Draw two seems good but Agrto pally has already better draw card for 4 mana boogie down. I guess you could put one of those and one boogie down.

2 Likes

The card has a lot of card value on it. It doesn’t align with any particular goal because the things it does are all over the place.

It’s not an amazing aggro tool.

It’s not strong as recovery.

It’s not efficient draw.

But it does do all 3 things. In a slow grindy meta, the card is great. In a meta where every card has to be optimized to fit your game plan? It’s really hard to justify using.

Most paladin decks would prefer this to cost 3 and pick two of those effects.

2 Likes

but its not just paladins using the card

Yes, though that implies it might be good in highlander paladin since it takes its time and it could use the draw.

Obviously that deck might be bad in general for now since Reno is expensive outside rampmana decks.

Mage probably does not use Raylla for this either.

They have no payoff for going wide with recruits, and probably never will.

So they too are in the boat of “would rather this cost 3 and cut off an effect.” Ditto for anyone else discovering this.

It’s a high value card. It’s value is really just kind of muddy.

It probably is playable in highlander pally. I doubt it would be in the top 10 cards of the deck though.

Paladin’s most similar card is probably the excavate kaleidosaur.

For 4 Mana they get a 3/4, two random keywords (could have lifesteal), and an excavate trigger and card. It certainly isn’t at super high play levels either.

It’s a decent card, but it’s not really jaw dropping at all.

3 Likes

I don’t see much benefit at all for mages using pally cards.
I can see where rogue draw will help certain decks, and I intend to try those, but even the draw seems like it comes with a risk or a drawback.

I mean, you yourself are running a deck in wild to use grillmaster to tutor something you want. The holy spells have synergy with rainbow mages, and lifeguard adds some impressive burst healing to mage.

So uhh, if you can’t see the possible benefits, that’s on you.

This particular pally card just isn’t all that impressive at 4 Mana. Grillmasters also costs 4, is a 3/4 body and tutors two cards instead of draw 2 heal 4, and it too isn’t at jaw dropping levels of power.

1 Like

I do see what you mean. I was just thinking about what you said about raylla. two of these cards used with raylla seem expensive (8 mana.) and slow. So the rogue cards just seem better.

1 Like

aha so the test is afoot, i go paladin while you go rogue, lets see who wins

In mage you mean? Because the Pally cards seem less helpful to me.
What am I missing here?

yes
you missed nothing
it shall be fun for us

1 Like

Raylla’s best use is with rainbow mage. You get access to holy spells in paladin (the drink is very fast and works amazingly with her) and an early ish board flood that lowers the threshold for your combo kills.

My ONLY complaint about her there is that doomsayer is a 2 cost minion.

1 Like

Yeah in wild, I almost never get a chance to use Raylla. She is just too slow.
Grillmaster is good for tutor until something better comes though:)
I don’t think pally is a natural fit for mage tourist.

Most of the tourists weren’t natural fits. They generally tried to make more unusual pairings this time around.

1 Like

Yeah. Some were way better than this I think. Still; like you said: Rainbow might be back with these cards.

I noticed all of these card are even. Return of Even Paladin?

1 Like

I did not notice that. I wonder. I’ll bet Wild sees that.