25.2.1 Patch Notes

We’re in the process of rolling out Patch 25.2.1, a server-side hotfix patch with the following updates and bug fixes:

Battlegrounds Updates

• Scabbs Cutterbutter, Tess Greymane, Illidan Stormrage, and Tamsin Roame have been returned to the Hero Pool.
  • Murozond has been returned to the Minion Pool.
  • Wasteland Assassin and Devourer of Souls have been removed from the Professor Putricide Hero Power pools. Possessive Banshee, Handless Forsaken, and a new minion, Cursed Shadow, are being added to the Hero Power pools.
    • Cursed Shadow is a Tier 5, 7/5 Undead with Stealth.
    • Dev Comment: Cursed Shadow is only being added to the Professor Putricide Hero Power pool, not the general Minion Pool.
  • The following heroes have less armor:
    • Galakrond and Infinite Toki have been moved to Armor Tier 1 (0 Armor).
    • Drek’Thar, Greybough, and Heistbaron Togwaggle have been moved to Armor Tier 2 (2-5 Armor).
  • The following hero has more armor:
    • Pyramad has been moved to Armor Tier 2 (2-5 Armor).

Arena Updates

• Malignant Horror can no longer be drafted.
  • Warrior and Hunter have had the draft appearance rates of some high performing cards increased.

Duels Updates

• Tome Tampering and Shockspitter have been banned from both deck building and card buckets.
  • The Cold Feet Pact passive treasure has been moved from Pool 2 to Pool 2 Ultra Rare.

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements

• [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where the new Omen Demon Hunter Hero Skin’s Hero Power could not be upgraded through effects like Baku the Mooneater.
  • [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Sunfury Clergy unintentionally gained Rush.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Discover effects could sometimes Discover non-Battlegrounds cards.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Sinrunner Blanchy could gain infinite Reborn under certain circumstances.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Putricide’s Creation could be tripled under certain circumstances. The triples were failed experiments that lost some of their combined powers; it’s better these Creations remain unable to be tripled.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where a Corpse Refiner made golden by Greta Gold-Gun would not sell for the right amount of Gold.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where a minion that received Reborn from Baltharak (one of the tokens generated by Mecha-Jaraxxus) would lose Reborn if tripled.
  • [Duels] Fixed a bug where the Hematology Hero Power always assumed the player had 3 unspent Corpses if the player had any.
  • [Duels] Fixed a bug where the Hematology Hero Power could hit 0-Cost cards in your hand.
  • [Solo Content] Fixed a bug where a card adjustment to Forsaken Lieutenant made one of the Book of Mercenaries encounters impossible to complete.
3 Likes

This is fantastic news! A shame that frost DK wasn’t touched though, outside of the hematology fix.

5 Likes

Arena players be celebrating right now.

2 Likes

We are at the level where bare minimum is to be celebrated sadly …

5 Likes

Sadly its quite late. Why can’t blizzard do regualar changes like TFT does? on a schedule. Also Arena leaderboards have not been released from september & october. And now another november and december are next. Still nothing from blizzard, they just say “soon”. That’s how much they care…

2 Likes

Moment of silence for our spitty boi, everyone dump out a titan-forged grapnel to pay respects.

But seriously, can we do something with Frost Deathrattle DKs in duels while we are at it too?

2 Likes

Sounds nice (if true), the rest seems irrevlevant to me personally. :grinning:

1 Like

3rd try to fix hero power of Scarlet in duels? We will see what they will broke again :new_moon_with_face::+1:

1 Like

its about dang time!!

1 Like

So the “Corpse Explosion” DK card is great.
However, it seems to not work as intended in arena for some reason. Today I played a game where I had 5 corpses but the corpse explosion only triggered once… leaving up the entire board of my opponent. Not sure what the bug is, might be working like defile unintended?

1 Like

Rot Hide Gnoll is still bugged with Vol’jin. it won’t gain +1 attack if minions die when you transfer stats from another minion to it to make it bigger

1 Like

After the latest patch I used a Murozond, my last opponent was Reno Jackson and I stole his Tea Master Theotar which he had used his Hero Power on, the copy I stole had the golden base stats and effect as golden Theotar but was not actually a golden copy. Is Non-Golden Murozond suppose to steal the golden copy? I thought only Golden Murozond did that, could be a bug?