24.2 Patch Notes

So now Battleground has just become a pay to win :fearful:
And for développer do not say it is full free it is it’s wrong. If you want to win you must pay to have the 4 heroes because it is a very big advantage. I understand that you need to pay the game development but this is not very fair like this. I just hope that the pass would be less than 10$ but I don t think so… very disappointed :cry:

1 Like

funny part for me ive seen people call BG pay to win long before this change was announced

There it goes people. Gonna enjoy playing Battlegrounds til it gets locked behind real American dollars, since i told myself “playing the game shows interest in the product and that gives devs a metric to get paid without putting a cent in Bobert Kotor’s alleged predatory pocket”. Welp, that time ends on the 30th, and i guess its time to figure out if the Teamfight Tactics mobile experience is any good, cuz its free and i like that game too. Fire Robert K, no millions in payout for allegedly harassing and threatening employees and worse, and the C-suite that props him up, and maybe i can justify giving this company money again. Til then, so long Battlegrounds once this happens.

5 Likes

I like Hearthstone as a game, especially BGs. The Devs work hard on it. I don’t like how Blizzard treats its people, or other people in the past. So at that point, i went F2P, and spent my gold on the BG pass, since i could support the game with interest without funding executive salaries and payouts. That is not an option anymore, and i dont think i’m the only one thats bothered. Its not a lack of money- its where and how you want to spend it.

5 Likes

Good thing I’ve held onto my MTG collection all these years.

1 Like

The thing I fear the most is that, after Blizzard loses half of their players, will they revert the pass and make me spending on it pointless?

1 Like

The Battlenet balance was the alternative to the 3rd party transaction fees. The introduction of Runestones are just predatory.
i.e.: Battlepass costs 201 Runestone. Store sells 200 Runestones for USD 9.99.

4 Likes

People complaining are kinda of funny. Blizzard has being doing poop for the past several years. and you were still paying and buying everything like dumb sheep. Why should they care about your cries?
You will pay and buy the next expansions anyway.

2 Likes

I have never been more relieved that I never got into Battlegrounds. I feel bad for the people who do enjoy the play mode, this is a crappy way to do things, but if Diablo Immortal taught us anything is that Blizzard only sees us as wallets waiting to be cracked open.

1 Like

Aleco, the culprit in this, the Murder, was the head designer of Runeterra.

Crappy patch poop poop

2 Likes

Just at least enable 4 heros to everyone Blizzard thank you…

4 Likes

And no nerfs / fixes to the terrible Standard meta. Nice!

3 Likes

And what does that say about you hanging around the forums crapping on others? What kind of misreable life do you live do need to be here doing that? Iv played this game since launch. Iv had problems with this game since launch. Iv brought up the problems since launch. Iv quit off and on again with this game since launch. I will be the first one to not just point out the game has issues, but rant against it and often its player base.

But mocking people for playing and spending money by calling them sheep does nothing but reveal yourself as someone with so little going on in life you have to troll forums for a game you dont even play.

Respond if you wish but ill be muting you. And friend that says a lot since pretty much all of my mute list is people defending the game mindlessly.

Well i played one last BG. It left me with a rating of 4666. Gotta figure that for a sign to get out! get out of the house!

cheers,

GameraX

2 Likes

If they were to go forward with ther Runestones, they should cut the original runestones prices by 1/2 or 3/4 so that people can pay a small fee for the things they love without breaking their bank.

This is such a shallow, silly and childish defense. No logic to it what so ever. A lot of people here complaining not only spend money, they buy every battle pass and at a min the 50-60 pack of card bundle that comes with 2 free legendaries. Factually most of us have spent several times more on this game than they ever would a full release game that comes with all of its content. And that includes games like Faeria that are card games that release with ALL of its content unlocked for freaking free.

Your argument is beyond shallow and pathetic. Its boot licking. There are entire governments looking into Blizzards F2P practices and banning them outright, but yet you want to make this seem like whiney f2p players being greedy vs loyal customers who DO SPEND MONEY being pissed that an already INCREDIBLY GREEDY GAME is freaking upping its greediness.

Step back. Think. What other game do people spend as much as they do on this one? How many people here complaining have actively said they spend money. Yet you are playing dense that its just whiney greedy people.

Best HS deal people can get is still to buy Amazon coins. You can get like a 15-18% discount on everything you buy using Amazon coins. This is how I purchase things.

Dear Blizzard

This is it.

As a longtime Player of your Games I have enough.

Played Hearthstone since the Beta. Met a lot of People in WoW/Real Life. Damn those many many times wie died in the real classic Naxxramas…Had Fun in D3. Collected all the Starcraft 2 Collecters Editions. Loved Overwatch…

But then…Things went downhill.

Warcraft reforged? Still disappointed
Overwatch 2…Sorry 1.5
Immortal? Just…no…
Heroes? Just dead.
Every! Single! Time! i open the Bnet Launcher there is an ad for i dont care anymore. Its just Anyoing. Also in Hearthstone.
And now you are making it even …worse than it already is…

Sure People will say… You dont HAVE to pay money…and i really dont want to give Blizzard any more Money…but they took all the fun out of the Games to make more Money.

You lived long enough to become the Villain.

I look back to the Good times we had. But its time to part ways. I´m sure one like me leaving wont make a big difference, but there are more like me.

/bow
/bye

13 Likes

I’m start thinking that maybe the problem are us, the old-school players.
We grow up with the excellence and being spectators of the huge fall every game did in the last 10 years.

As @Valgart said in the post above. I started playing with Starcraft and tried/played almost all Blizzard games.

I loved Warcraft, loved WoW, loved Overwatch and Hearthstone. Never played Heroes properly to say something.

I retried playing WoW with Shadowlands, it goes too fast. Poeple has a life and Blizz consider making changes based on those who spend the life on the game. Full of boosters and boosted players unable to to through a Myth. Disaster.

OW has a SR ranking system so broken and it is full of Smurfs that loves to drop to Bronze every season.

Starcraft and Warcraft are what they are, it has been awesome to play at that time.

HS was super good, pro and cons every expansion, but it was nice and enjoyable.
The previous expansions was probably the most balanced. With 3, 4 different playable decks for every class, well balanced and not obvious.
This last patch show us how poor and low skilled is their (new) development team, from designers, to product owners.
The business and functional analysts are blind not to take into consideration the screams of their community. They just recruited a good Marketing/Sales Manager that is ruining the Company, not only the game.

But maybe, as I said before, this pattern works fine for new generation players and (we?) I don’t fit anymore in this system…

It is ok to pay for things, if those are beautiful. But why paying for stressing my life facing known issue?

2 Likes