23.6.1 Patch Notes

Hello everyone,

Today we are deploying a small hotfix update, which also includes a handful of Battlegrounds balance adjustments to Hero armor tiers.

Battlegrounds Armor Tier Updates
Several Battlegrounds Heroes have had their armor level adjusted, and are now in the following armor tiers:

• Heroes moved to Armor Tier 1:
    • Tamsin Roame
    • Pyramad
    • Silas Darkmoon
    • Vol’jin, Guff Runetotem
    • Cariel Roame
  • Heroes moved to Armor Tier 5:
    • Sindragosa
    • Kael’thas Sunstrider
    • C’Thun
    • Tavish Stormpike
    • Increased to Armor Tier 6:
    • Millificent Manastorm
    • Mr. Bigglesworth
    • Kurtrus Ashfallen
  • Queen Azshara is now in Armor Tier 3.
  • Alexstrasza is now in Armor Tier 2.

Battlegrounds Minion Updates

• Evolving Chromawing has been removed from the pool.
    • Developer’s Note: Evolving Chromawing has been temporarily removed due to its power level with Kooky Chemist, but it will return with some changes.
  • Steward of Time has been added to the pool.

Arena Update

• Draft appearance rates have been adjusted for numerous cards.
    • Developer’s Note: Since the debut of Voyage to the Sunken City, we have seen Colossal minions make a big impact on games, often the deciding factor. Their effect has been compounded by the prevalence of Discover effects. To improve deck consistency across the mode, the appearance rate of Colossals, other high-impact Legendary minions, and Discover effects have been reduced.

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements

• [Battlegrounds] Fixed an issue where Azshara’s Ambition would fail to transform if discovered from Training Session.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed an issue with Lord Jaraxxus, who had been temporarily removed from the Hero pool but is now playable again.
  • [Mercenaries] Fixed an issue with Earthmother’s Fury Deathblow not functioning properly.
  • [Mercenaries] Fixed an issue where Mask of Mimicry could swap with a dead Mercenary.
  • [Duels] Fixed an issue with League of Explorers achievements not advancing.
  • [Duels] Fixed an issue with Treasures of Uldum not unlocking in Duels
  • [Duels] Fixed an issue where Tombs of Terror Signature Treasures and Hero Powers were not properly unlocking in Duels.
3 Likes

Will this patch also include the Midsummer Festival quests?
edit: yes

1 Like

The devs never learn regarding arena balance. Reducing offering rates doesn’t make arena better, it makes one-sided stomps occur more often, where it’s all about the draft and now you’re even more unlikely to get good cards to make a comeback.

1 Like

It would be really nice if game-mode specific changes were shown when you enter that game mode, similar to the “these cards have changed” pop up whenever there are standard nerfs. That way you don’t have people wasting gold staying at tier 1 and rolling for chromawing because they think it’s still in the game.

3 Likes

DEVS: Dragons are powerful again, let’s remove the Chromawing so they are weak again. how dare the players bypass our love for weak poisons to kill everything

Steward of Time
Tavern Tier 2
3/3 Dragon
When you sell this minion, give all minions in Bob’s Tavern +2/+1.

I’d forgotten what that thing was myself, so I figured I’d post the description.

1 Like

Wow, you indeed DID prefix the " Bug Fixes and Game Improvements" section by gamemode… Good to know you’re hearing… if we repeat the message enough times :slight_smile:
Hope it’s not an exception, and you’ll keep doing it in future Patch Notes.

I love how i had to spend 20 minutes trying to find this information which seems to be hidden deeply within the forums… You would think that there would be some form of mention of these changes within the game itself. Instead i had to waste a game of battlegrounds, take last place, and sit there scratching my head wondering why i never seen a single Evolving Chromawing…I’m glad that these stealth nerfs were applied with literally zero heads up…

i would appreciate some form of compensation for changing the rules of the game without notice. This makes me want to quit this game that i love playing due to shady poorly communicated patch notes. Totally uncalled for.

3 Likes

Hahaha welcome to the club! literally took last place & picked a hero based on a game i litterally just played a few hours ago and took 1st place with.

I was left scratching my head why i didn’t see a single Evolving Chromawing THE entire game long.

1 Like

Erm, I was offered (and bought) Steward of Time in my most recent game. I assume this is a bug? Didn’t think to take a screenshot unfortunately, assumed it was a new patch and only realised after it shouldn’t be there.

Like the format! Thanks

1 Like

This.

Also, Welcome kurt! What happened top our usual gnome blue? And care to give an introduction?

I dont understand why these posts dont get linked in the patchnotes/news section. I hate having to dig for changes made after the patch.

We’ve been saying for a long time that ALL patch info (and other relevant info) should be in-game (like in Runeterra, as they know). Hope they eventually listen.

Just remove leeroy, no one wants him either way.

Well since I just installed this patch all I get is a blue screen when trying to start up Hearthstone.